Posted on :
17 Jun, 2015
17 Jun, 2015
ABB (www.abb.com) is a leader in power and automation technologies that enable utility and industry customers to improve performance while lowering environmental impact. The ABB Group of companies operates in around 100countries and employs about 145,000 people
ABB is a multinational corporation headquartered in Zurich, Switzerland, operating mainly in robotics and the power and automation technology areas. It ranked 158th in the Forbes Ranking (2013).
SENIOR LEGAL COUNSEL & INTEGRITY OFFICER
As a Legal Counsel & Integrity Offices your responsibilities are as follows:
• Counseling of Country Divisions concerning all legal (including intellectual property), corporate governance and compliance issues
• Provide legal advice to Country Divisions and Local Business Units on establishment, protection and transfer of intellectual property rights (e.g. patents and know-how license agreements)
• Establish, maintenance and management of Group and Country policies and procedures; management of roll-out and compliance auditing of new policies and regulations (e.g. Group Instructions and Guidelines)
• Provide legal support to LBUs with regard to commenting customer’s general terms and conditions, contract drafting, risk review process (including waiver applications)
• Support in contract negotiations with customers and suppliers.
• Responsible for legal claims management and for handling of all ABB Egypt litigations, arbitrations and administrative proceedings (including foreign affiliate matters)
• Engage and manage all external counsel when necessary
• Train all the LBUs (e.g. ABB’s contract standards and Group Instructions)
• Responsible for labor and employment law counseling to Country Management
• Monitoring of developments in the national and cluster legal environment
• Support the Legal counseling (including structuring, drafting and negotiation) regarding mergers & acquisitions / divestiture transactions (leadership or key role)
Ideally you’ll hold Bachelor Degree in Law with a minimum of 12+ years of experience as in-house counsel or external counsel and fluency in both spoken and written English language is a must.