Abuja Electricity Distribution Company (AEDC) is the electricity distribution network operator for the Federal Capital Territory, Niger State, Kogi State and Nassarawa State. Abuja Electricity Distribution Company (AEDC) is one of the 11 power distribution companies that was successfully privatized and handed over to new investors on 1 November 2013.
Abuja Electricity Distribution Company (AEDC) is currently recruiting for the following position:
JOB TITLE: HEAD, DISPUTE RESOLUTION
Job Role involves using alternative dispute resolution procedures in addition to traditional processes of litigation and arbitration to minimize AEDC’s exposure to risk; ensure the provision of solutions that are practical, competitive and commercially focused.
KEY ROLES / RESPONSIBILITIES :
- Formulate strategy, provide legal advice, guidance and practical solutions on a broad range of legal issues and disputes including those pertaining to customer relations, staff, revenue protection, investigations, contractual disputes etc.
- Facilitate publication of successful prosecutions in the media to deter new and repeat offenders.
- Facilitate the representation of and where permissible represent AEDC in litigation, administrative proceedings, external investigations and reviews, and alternative dispute resolution proceedings.
- Prompt resolution of lawsuits initiated against the company through lawful and practical methods including but not limited to ADR techniques.
- Provide advice and guidance on internal complaint proceedings and internal investigations.
- Develop work plans, databases, policies and standard operating manual for the Function.
- Training subordinates.
- Handle all other issues assigned by the Company Secretary and Director Legal Services
- Develop appropriate framework for the effective engagement, supervision and monitoring of anti-graft and other security agencies handling matters assigned by the company.
- Develop appropriate framework for the engagement of external counsel and debt collection agents through appropriate engagements with Procurement.
- Conduct, facilitate and properly document investigations assigned to Legal Services and participate in incident / committee investigations.
- Develop and implement the framework for efficient case management
- Coordinate the prompt documentation, processing and referral of energy theft, meter bypass and other cases/lawsuits referred to or received by Legal Services.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Law (LLB, BL)
- Masters degree and other post graduate qualifications preferred.
- Minimum of 15 years legal experience.
- Broad knowledge of ADR policies, procedures and processes.
- Litigation experience and experience working with Security agencies.
- Excellent written, oral communication and interpersonal skills.
- Awareness of the sensitivity and confidentiality involved in the function.
- IT proficiency.
- Tenacity to manage a large work load.
- Broad knowledge of Company and Commercial Law.
- Excellent organizational skills.
HOW TO APPLY
All applications should include curriculum vitae and cover letter only. The application should be emailed to email@example.com. The subject of your email should be the position you are applying for, i.e. Head, Dispute Resolution.
The cover letter should be addressed to:
Abuja Electricity Distribution Company Plc,
1 Ziquinchor Street, Off IBB Way
Wuse Zone 4,
Attention: The Executive Director, Human Resources and Corporate Services.
NB:Only applications sent directly to the above email address and follow the above instructions will be considered and only suitably qualified candidates will be contacted
Application Deadline: 2nd August, 2016 at 5 pm GMT.