Posted on :
17 May, 2012
17 May, 2012
Qualification: A minimum of B.Sc/HND in Accounting, Possession of professional quali-fication such as ACA or ACCA, At least 2 year working experience especially in development work.
Deadline for submission of Applications: COB 25th May 2012
Brief about Helen Keller International
Helen Keller International (HKI) is an international agency whose mission is to save the sight and lives of the most vulnerable and disadvantaged. HKI implements a bi-annual campaign on vitamin A supplementation in 10 states of the federation, supports onchocerciasis control in Borno, Adamawa and Akwa Ibom states, and recently expanded its portfolio of programs in Nigeria in to the areas of food fortification and advocacy for the use of orange flesh sweet potato: a root crop rich in Vitamin A.
The Accountant will assist in the day to day execution of all financial operations in all offices of Helen Keller International- Nigeria, under the supervision of the Finance Manager.
Position title: Accountant
Report directly to: Finance and Admin Manager
Collaborates with: Country Director, Finance staff, Program Staff & Partners
Major tasks and activities:
• Enter data into financial accounting software on daily basis.
• Ensure Core Costs are correctly entered in the template
• Deal with retirement of advances, in particular:
o Verify/ check calculation on receipts;
o Verify/ assign accounting codes;
o Assign sequential reference to each transaction for cross checking in the Accounting systems and receipts;
o Verify and file receipts and other work papers;
o Check the accounting records for accuracy and correctness as necessary;
• Assist in maintaining files and updating finance records.
• Prepare and verify the accuracy of the monthly report prior to submission to Finance Man-ager.
• Prepare donors financial reports according to donor requirements.
• Prepare all other financial reports as needed.
• Check matching expenses for compliance with donor regulations.
• Reconcile all bank account monthly against bank statement and submit to FM for review.
• Assist the administration in the preparation of office running budget.
• Collaborate with the Finance Manager and the Project Coordinators to create budgets for new projects.
Project Monitoring & Reporting
• Analyze and monitor all grants and provide feedback to Finance Manager.
• Interact with program staff on project funding status.
• Prepare all necessary donor reports and submit to Finance Manager for review and approval.
• Monitor any sub-grant spending as dictated by the donor rules and regulations.
• Check/ Prepare tax and pension deductions and ensure they are paid in timely manner.
• Check/ Prepare staff severance payment prior to entry in the accounting software.
• Assist in country audit as needed.
• Perform other tasks as assigned by the Finance Manager.
How to apply
All applicants should submit electronically
1. A curriculum vitae
2. Curriculum vitae should indicate at minimum applicant’s qualification and dates obtained; previous work experience and dates; age and referees
3. A covering letter
To [email protected] by close of business of the deadline stated above. Applications received after 5pm on the day will not be considered.
Please note that only applications submitted electronically shall be considered.