Posted on :
5 May, 2010
Addax Petroleum Nigeria is a subsidiary of China Petrochemical Corporation (Sinopec Group), one of the largest oil and gas producers in China, the biggest oil refiner in Asia, and the third largest worldwide. Addax Petroleum recruits
ASSOCIATE WELLHEAD/SUBSEA ENGINEER REF: ASM 1006 | 2010-05-04
FUNCTIONAL EXPERIENCE: ENGINEERING;
INDUSTRY EXPERIENCE: OIL, GAS;
JOB: 929 ADDAX PETROLEUM | ASSOCIATE WELLHEAD/SUBSEA ENGINEER REF: ASM 1006 | 2010-05-04
This role is created to oversee wellhead design, program plans and execution.
Monitor installation of wellheads for surface and subsea systems and ensure compliance with statutory standards.
• Monitor assembly, inspection and testing of all types of surface and subsea equipment i.e. wellheads, trees, tree caps, lower tree caps, lower marine riser package, emergency disconnect package, wellhead, casing hanger, tubing hanger, valve actuator, different types of hydraulic and mechanical connectors
• Supervise all subsea-related equipment maintenance, repairs and testing; contractor administration, HSE compliance. Monitor use of high pressure hydraulic tooling and equipment
• Monitor planned maintenance of equipment and oversee certification to local and international standards
• Compile wellhead equipment, ensure they meet design specs and standards, prepare and supervise installation offshore
• Specify wellhead/subsea equipment in conjunction with drilling engineers to ensure they meet requirement
• Monitor installation of Expro upper lubricator and subsea test tree
• Monitor and coordinate teams of contractor Xmas tree, wocs and subsea test tree engineers to ensure a safe, planned and efficient operations
• Provide technical reports and documentation as applicable
• Review rig documentation and maintenance of marine riser package, riser tensioners, subsea BOP and related systems
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
The candidate must possess a minimum of B.Sc. Second Class Degree in engineering discipline
Must be resourceful and full of initiative to improve well operations
Must possess good presentation skills and ability to facilitate meetings
Good technical skills and knowledge of engineering principles. Strong aptitude for solving technical problems
Must have attended industry courses in wellheads engineering and installation
Membership of Society of Petroleum Engineers is essential
The candidate must possess a minimum of 1 year relevant experience in upstream Oil and Gas exploration
Pre-application questions: NO
METHOD OF APPLICATION
Interested applicants can get the full job descriptions and person specifications on our website http://netserveafrica.com/careers/addaxpetroleum/
Applicants are required to complete the electronic for, and attached their resume. Please ensure that you specify the vacancy you wish to apply for.
This advert closes two weeks after publication.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.