Posted on :
22 Feb, 2011
The scholarships were formerly known as Adelaide Graduate Fee Scholarships (AGFS). A number of AGRS Scholarships may be available for international students from any country, who have recently graduated from the University of Adelaide, to undertake postgraduate research at the University of Adelaide in 2011.
In order to be eligible for consideration a student must:
• be completing their four year undergraduate degree including first class honours in a research based honours program or masters degree with a sufficient research component to be approved by the Research Education Development Committee as a degree acceptable for entry to the PhD. (ie a Masters degree including a minimum of 12 points of research) at the University of Adelaide in semester 1, 2011 OR have completed the above in 2010;
• be eligible to enrol as a commencing student in a full-time postgraduate research program at the University of Adelaide in 2011;
• be an international student; and
• not be currently enrolled in the higher degree by research program at the University of Adelaide for which the student is applying for a scholarship.
• Currently enrolled PhD students and applicants who applied in previous international scholarship rounds are not eligible to apply again.
Recipients MUST be able to commence their research program by 30 November 2011. Under no circumstances can the scholarship be deferred to 2012.
For more information please download the Conditions of the Award.
Benefits are payment of full tuition fees for the normal duration of the program and an annual living allowance ($22,860 in 2011). The allowance will be paid for two years for a Masters degree by Research and three years for a Doctoral research degree (an extension is possible for doctoral programs only). No other allowances will be paid. The scholarship does not provide an OSHC allowance.
13th May 2011. Applicants will be notified of the outcome by the end of June 2011. We strongly recommend that all applicants submit their application and all required documents well before the closing date. Incomplete applications at the scholarship application deadline will not be considered for a scholarship.
How to apply
Complete the 2011 AGRS Application Form. You must also forward an 2011 AGRS Academic Referee’s Confidential Report Form to two referees, who will then complete your reference and submit the form directly to the Adelaide Graduate Centre. Please ensure you send your referee report forms well before the due date of 13th May 2011 so your referees have plenty of time to complete and submit the forms.
You do not need to submit a separate PGRS application form for candidature.