Adexen Recruitment Agency is looking for a Product Manager for an international pharmaceutical Group.
As Product Champion, the Product Manager demonstrates excellent knowledge and practice in sales & marketing, and he fully exploits the full market potential of Group products in all the different markets, namely African countries: Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania, Nigeria, Ghana, Ethiopia, Sierra Leone, and Liberia.
The position is based in Lagos.
- To effectively communicate product benefits to all the relevant customers: 1. the provider 2. the payor 3. the pharmacist 4. the patient and 5. the sales force with the aim to achieve predetermined sales and profit margins
- To reinforce and grow customer loyalty to our products and ensure product launches
- To prepare and present marketing plan (strategy) per product on an annual basis
- To create and execute product tactical plans within specified time frames via the sales force and to measure quantitatively and qualitatively thereafter with appropriate KPIs and dashboards
- To plan and calendarize actions by cycle and by target in collaboration with the Head of Operations and Country Managers
- To prepare briefs to advertising agencies as and when required; to select the most effective campaign via market testing of concept and message
- Maintain key customer and opinion leader contact to maximize Group product performance in the respective therapeutic field
- To define the customer chain analysis and analyze relationships/links between them
- Comply with relevant legislation, ethical standards and company policies.
- Liaise with relevant staff in medical, regulatory affairs , sales, market research and other functions to ensure that cross functional communication and implementation of action plans is of a high quality and that company goals are met
- To organize and facilitate coordination meetings with the Marketing Coordinators of the Operations to interface information from/to the field
- To maintain and improve product knowledge of the salesforce, sales managers and the marketing Coordinators and to continually update knowledge on the product, competitors and therapeutic area through relevant tools (training)
- Contribute to achieve targets for sales, profit contribution and market penetration for an assigned product(s)
- To set budgets for and control allocated promotional expenditure for the product(s)
- Participate in building the new product launch procedure
- Establish appropriate market research programmes in order to validate key performance indicators and to determine new commercial opportunities.
Qualifications et experience
- BA/BSc Degree / HND with biology and mathematics
- 3 years product management or other pharmaceutical management experience or FMCG.
- FMCG training with at least 3yrs of Brand/Product Management experience from recognised International Company.
- Good experience with formal brand planning processes with P&L forecasting/ structures.Experience in West African countries would be an advantage
- Cost management, pricing strategy, research based methodologies for commercial application.Strong Consumer Health Care background an advantage
- New product development experience
- In-depth knowledge of the pharmaceutical industry and its distribution system
- Effective strategic planning abilities
- Ability to communicate commercial value of our products to target audience
- Willing and able to travel extensively
- Analytic& synthetic capacity
- Effective forecasting, budgeting skills
- Top negotiating skills
- Developing skills, training and enabling learning on the job
- Making decisions & driving necessary changes for performance
- Knowing how to deal with conflict
What is on offer
If your experience, personal characteristics and qualifications meet the position specifications and your personal objectives are to seek such a challenge, then we would like to hear from you with details of your current earnings, up to date CV and explanation as to why your achievements to date fit you for consideration.
Click here to Apply Online for this Job