Adexen Consultancy is recruiting for one of its clients – a leading international Industrial company and they are looking for a Nigerian Quality Heath Safety & Environmental Supervisor (QHSE).
The QHSE supervisor will implement and supervise the health, safety and environment policies in the company.
He will have to lead audits, propose and implement new procedures. The role needs good pedagogical skills to convince people to change their methods.
The main targets are:
- To achieve the highest possible level of health, safety and environmental standards.
- To work with Company’s staff to ensure that the health and safety of staff, visitors and customers is guaranteed constantly.
The position is based in Lagos.
- Take lead in resolving technical problems related to HSE
- Ensure that adequate levels of Quality Management resources are available at all times on all Projects.
- Establish HSE Procedures and implement them through training and audit programs for the employees.
- Communicate with Clients and Regulatory Authorities on matters related to HSE requirements and also guide the project teams on such matters
- Handle matters related to compliance with HSE requirements and regulations of various Regulatory Authorities
- Consult with senior managers and other line managers and give appropriate advice on formulating best-practice policies and procedures.
- Ensure that Local Policy Statements/Fire Plans and Fire Risk Assessments are produced and quality assured.
- Ensure all accidents and incidents are recorded, reported and investigated as required and that corrective action is implemented accordingly
- Devise, develop and monitor effective Risk Assessment management strategies and make recommendations on the implementation of these strategies. Prepare and maintain required HSE statistics and key performance indicators for review and report / update HSE Board accordingly.
- Optimise the quality of the company to be able to get the ISO 9001:2008 label
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- University Engineering degree, preferably Mechanical Engineering or demonstrated sound technical knowledge through experience
- Preferably 4-6 years in the industrial industry
- Excellent leadership, motivational and presentation skills
- Ability to work independently in a team environment, and possessing strong analytical, organizational, supervisory, interpersonal skills
- Strict, independent, have to be influence by suggestion, empathic, capacity of adaptation,
- Well organised, individual with a pleasant and co-operative personality.
- Strong communication skills and professional appearance
- Ability to communicate on all levels
- Computer fluency
WHAT IS ON OFFER
Click here to apply online