Airtel Nigeria (Airtel Networks Limited), a leading mobile telecommunication services provider in Nigeria and a member of Airtel Africa Group, is committed to providing innovative, exciting, affordable and quality mobile services to Nigerians, giving them the freedom to communicate, rise above their daily challenges and drive economic and social development.
The company made history on August 5, 2001 by becoming the first telecoms operator to launch commercial GSM services in Nigeria and has scored a series of many “firsts” in the highly competitive Nigerian telecommunications market including the first to introduce toll-free 24-hour customer care; first to launch service in all the six geo-political zones in the country; first to introduce affordable recharge denominations; first to introduce monthly free SMS and first to introduce monthly airtime bonus.
Airtel Nigeria is recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Microwave Engineer
- This is a vital position to support design & planning of network unit and providing technical solutions for connecting cell sites and enterprise customer locations for excellent customer experience.
- This person will be interacting with the Partners’ teams’ very extensively.
- Robust, flexible and state of art fiber and microwave transmission network planning & delivery is the essence of the role.
- Microwave and Fiber Network Design
- Transmission Design based on optical fiber network and Microwave.
- Design the MBPN and data network
- Pre-qualification & participation in the ordered network elements based on engineering and commercial aspects.
Planning & Configuration:
- Defining the Transmission planning strategy based on the company objectives.
- Defining the required network elements type, configuration and capacity.
- Defining the Transmission standards.
- Defining the network future expansion requirements based on traffic Forecast.
Desired Skills and Experience
Educational Qualifications & Functional / Technical Skills:
- Bachelor of Engineering Degree in Electronics & communications engineering
- Sound knowledge of fiber optics network for Mobile & Enterprise Network – Planning
- Bachelors of Science in Telecommunications.
- More than 5 years’ experience in Transport Planning.
- Experience in optical fiber networks design, DWDM
- MBPN and IP design
- Ericsson or Huawei Transmission experience is required
- Good communication skills.
- Ability to work in challenging environment.
- Analytical thinking and decision making.
- Dynamic personality.
- Analytical and Presentation skills.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online