Airtel Nigeria (Airtel Networks Limited), a leading mobile telecommunication services provider in Nigeria and a member of Airtel Africa Group, is committed to providing innovative, exciting, affordable and quality mobile services to Nigerians, giving them the freedom to communicate, rise above their daily challenges and drive economic and social development. The company made history on August 5, 2001 by becoming the first telecoms operator to launch commercial GSM services in Nigeria and has scored a series of many “firsts” in the highly competitive Nigerian telecommunications market including the first to introduce toll-free 24-hour customer care; first to launch service in all the six geo-political zones in the country; first to introduce affordable recharge denominations; first to introduce monthly free SMS and first to introduce monthly airtime bonus.
A truly innovative company, Airtel has showed resilience, charting new paths in meeting the demands and needs of its esteemed stakeholders and enhancing distribution as well as providing affordable services to empower more nigerians.
In Nigeria, Airtel is working tirelessly to live up to an ambitious vision of being the most loved brand in the daily lives of Nigerians as it offers a superior brand experience and a portfolio of innovative products & services ranging from exciting voice solutions to inventive data packages and mobile broadband.
Regional HVI Sales Executive
Uyo/Calabar & Warri /Benin
Responsible for the implementation, acquisition & retention strategy for prospective and existing high value consumer in sector of assignment
- Responsible for the implementation, acquisition & retention strategy for prospective and existing high value consumer accounts in the zone
- Create opportunities to develop multitudes of channels and routes of market for acquisition of High Value Consumer
Responsible for relationship management of customer in this sector, guided by the defined quality of service and exceptional customer management required for this segment
- Drive the sale and activation of the above products across the sector.
- Grow the usage of High Value Consumer in the sector allocated to you
- Create exceptional opportunities to sell special products like Blackberry’s, data cards and high end devices in the sector
Responsible for analysis of competitor’s activities as well as relevant market development and proposing pre-emptive counter measures
- Monitor the activities of competition and develop or recommend counter measures to win competition
Responsible for the day to day management of all Airtel relationships in the sector.
- Develop good relationship management processes with both existing accounts and prospective high value customers.
- Encourage and develop opportunities to have Airtel presence in all touch points relevant to the high value segment
Responsible for the weekly and monthly reports on post paid subscribers activities, bill delivery and collection in the sector of assignment
- Report timely, of all initiatives, potential prospects, queries, challenges, call plan and new sales made in your segment.
- Maintain and manage database of all High Value customers in your segment
Establish and maintain excellent relationship management with existing High Value Consumer (Prepay & Post Pay) subscribers within the sector
- Encourage and develop opportunities to have Airtel presence in all locations and touch points for the segment
- Encourage ALL existing customer to pay their bills timely to avoid barring, increase debt portfolio and churn within sector.
- Create symbiotic relationships in events sponsorship with High Value Consumer in a view to drive sale of our and revenue growth
Desired Skills and Experience
A University Degree in Business Administration, Marketing or related course
3-5 years preferably in FMCG, Consumables & Telecom
Relevant experience handling high net worth individuals or corporate accounts within the telecoms industry.
Other Requirements: The schedule of this role is quite inconsistent and may include nights, weekends, and holidays.
PERSONAL CHARACTERISTICS & BEHAVIOUR
- Customer Service Skills
- High level of professionalism in both appearance and attitude.
- Authoritative, ultra professional experts with an inviting and friendly demeanor
- Demonstrated passion for sales and delivering unparalleled customer service
- Goal-oriented, self-motivated and possess an entrepreneurial spirit which sparks their creativity and resourcefulness.
- Patience, flexibility, tact, integrity, and dependability.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Selling skills, organizational skills, and self-directed time management skills
- Ability to plan daily/periodic operations
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, especially PowerPoint presentations
- Achieving Results, & Delighting the Customer
- Team Player; Independent, Confident, and Objective
- Attention to detail/ excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ready to achieve beyond set target
- Committed to common goals and values of the organization
Manager – IT Infrastructure
- The Role is responsible for maintaining and managing Enterprise Hardware infrastructure which manages in-house developed and applications sourced from various third party vendors including IBM, Comviva, Avaya etc.
Responsible for maintaining uptime, enhancements as per Business requirements, integration & Support of Hardware. Major Hardware include IBM/HP Servers, Enterprise Storage Systems, High end Backup and recovery devices, CISCO/Juniper Networks Switches and devices, High end Firewalls, IDS etc..The Hardware Infrastructure houses BSS systems like CRM, Billing, Service Delivery Platform, Business Intelligence, ERP, Sales Systems etc.
Required to work in an outsourced environment with deliveries through Strategic Partners and vendors.
EXPECTED END RESULTS:
- Scan technology horizon and track emerging standards and trends
- Adopt future proof technology
- Ensure uptime of Hardware (Servers, Storage, Network devices, DC Infra, and Services as per agreed SLAs with the Partners & Vendors)
- Backup and recovery
- Disaster Recovery Solutions and management
- Connectivity Infrastructure management
- Engage in standard Incident, Problem, Change and Risk Management of the IT Infrastructure.
- SLAs, RCAs reviews and management
- Capacity management with the Partners and Vendors based on business requirements
- Continuously engage with Business & Technology departments to understand the issues, requirements and engage with the Partners for proper resolution and delivery of services as per agreed time and SLAs.
- Ensure System integration of various solutions with IT, Network eco Systems, VAS & 3rd party vendors to ensure the proper management of Hardware and Services.
- Engage with the Projects team / delivery team and solution engagement teams for Operationalizing of the Project. Engage in ‘Build-to-Operate’ activities
- Work in close co-ordination with Network team for selecting and implementing end to end Solutions.
- Implementation of end to end service path and revenue path of the customer
- To ensure high level of clarity and continuity in communication with the strategic partner team in order to ensure provision of best services for the organization.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Engineer/Graduate with IT/Telecom subjects + Certification in ITIL, PM etc.
- 8 to 10 yrs in mid to large size organisations
- Preferable working experience in Telecom environment, understanding of BSS, CCT, IN’s, SMSC’s, GPRS, CCN infrastructure
- Should have worked in multi vendor networks and have good knowledge of different standards.
- Good understanding of Network / IP protocols
- Understanding of IT systems and Applications like Billing, CRM, ERP, Sales Systems etc..
Area Business Manager:Data
- Data Specific channel partner appointment:
- Responsible for recruiting and managing data specific channel partners.
- Day-to-data engagement of the Data Channel Partners (DCP) to ensure optimal sales.
- Effective communication of all value propositions to the DCP and engagement with HQ on bespoke offers
- Day-to-day performance management and reporting on partner performance
- Management of DCP to ensure partner satisfaction and timely resolution of all partner issues.
2. Market development and Retail expansion; Data Retail Outlets (DRO), Smart Phone Outlets (SPO) and Consumer Durables & Information Technology (CDIT):
- Responsible for increasing point of sale activities through data activations by DROs, SPOs and CDITs based on established guidelines to ensure 100% penetration in these channels.
- Responsible for field force dimensioning, productivity, promotional activities, effectiveness and payouts.
- Actively participates in market activities and team effort to accomplish related results as needed.
- Open up new Routes for Sales/Market Development in assigned territory.
3. Primary sales; Dongles, Devices, Recharges etc.:
- Responsible for the primary sales of all data products.
- Drive the Data sales by implementing data sales strategies in assigned territory.
- Identifies product improvements or new products by remaining current on industry trends, market activities, and insights on competition activities.
- Cascading set targets to regional Data sales team to ensure financial and other targets and goals are met or exceeded.
4. Data subscriber base enhancement: Data revenue enhancement:
- Ensuring quality data Gross Additions and retention through effective communication of Airtel value proposition.
5. Depth of distribution with data product portfolio:
- Ensure product availability at all Airtel point of sale, Channel Partners (CPs), DCPs, Showrooms, Airtel Express Shops (AES) and warehouses within assigned territory
6. HBO/OEM/Sales & Engagement
- Responsible for identification of reverse and forward bundling partners and Smartphone Dealer sim activation
- Engagement with Local Partners for Smartphone Dealers
- Liaise and work with Smartphone Dealer channels to drive sales
- Reporting and analyzing the Smartphone Dealer market
- Engage the Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) channels like computer channels etc
- Drive Bundled opportunities with the OEM and computer/Device sellers
7. Data visibility:
- Ensure visibility of data products across assigned territory by focusing on Point of Sale (POS) branding, experiential marketing and new site launch activities.
- Plan and drive merchandise excellence.
- Maintain performance management methods and reporting around revenue, activations, demand and forecasting.
- Compiling and assigned territory sales figures by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information to ensure daily/weekly/monthly reports are prepared and shared timely.
9. Technical depth and support
- Maintains quality service by establishing and enforcing organization standards.
- Maintain technical knowledge depth and ensure availability of after sales support.
- Comply with all laws, regulations and policies that govern the conduct of Company activities.
- Identifies product improvements or new products by remaining current on industry trends, market activities, and insights on competition activities for feedback to HQ to facilitate product development/enhancement.
- Manage customer and trade escalations and acts as the Single Point of Contact (SPOC) for all data related issues in assigned territory
10. Other Products
- Responsible for Go To Market (GTM) and Revenues for other Data products that may be launched from time to time
11. Network & Service Engagement
- Ensure network performance and management on data for assigned territory through effective collaboration of relevant functions
Desired Skills and Experience
Educational Qualifications & Functional / Technical Skills
- Bachelors in Marketing, business management, engineering or computer science
- Master’s in Business Administration or management will be an advantage
- Project Management qualification will be an advantage
- Previous data sales experience and exposure to FMCG
- Ability to influence colleagues in other to drive data sales/revenues using available resources
- 6 to 8 years of commercial/business management experience
- 2+ years of team leadership experience
- 3-4 years of relevant experience in data products and/or enterprise solutions
- Results orientated
- Strong influencing skills
- Team work
- Excellent knack of market working.
- Channel management
- Cross functional management ability