American AirSea Cargo serves individuals and companies in need of fast and cost effective air and ocean shipping services from any country in the world to Africa.
One of our key service offerings called E-Procure service has won the hearts of individuals and companies with a present subscription base of close to 2,000 individuals and companies. The E-Procure service is designed to allow our customers to have their own local address in USA, UK, China. With this, they can make purchases online in these countries as if they are local residents, have it shipped to their local address. In a few business days, American AirSea Cargo delivers the items to their door step, stress free.
American AirSea Cargo is recruiting qualified individuals to fill the position of:
Job Title: Procurement Officer
As a Procurement Officer you will be required to
- Have a good knowledge of computer usage, and high level use of the internet. You must be very conversant with all microsoft office applications (word, excell, power point) and various email applications.
- Must have a good command of the English language with a clear and distinct voice to interact with customers as needed.
- Must have an analytical mind with the ability to prioritize various tasks and still perform all satisfactorily.
- Must be able to handle various low level mathematical calculations. As a requirement, must have at least a “C” grade in secondary school (SSCE).
- Must be able to type fast on the computer, with the ability to type at least 30 words per minute.
- Must be able to work in a team environment, with the ability to communicate with members from various departments.
- Must be able to demonstrate ability to perform online shopping from various stores all over the world, especially US stores.
As a procurement officer, you will be required to have the following educational accomplishments.
- A verifiable graduate (University) or Polytechinc (HND/BTech or Ond level) degree in any course from a Nigerian school.
No past experience is required as required training will be provided within the first two weeks of employment.
Salary Expectations and Work Environment:
Salary will be competitive and inline with what is offered by other major companies for the same position. The company provides free lunch on a daily basis to all employees.
Application Closing Date
12th of July, 2013
How to Apply:
Please follow all the following procedure to apply for this position.
- Send your resumes to [email protected], stating the position you are applying for in the email subject line.
- Include a cover letter detailing why and how you meet all the requirements for the job as listed above.
- In your cover letter, please provide answers to the following questions.
- What is it that motivates you the most.
- Have you ever played a sport and, if so which position. If you have not played sports, what competitive activity have you participated in.
- If you could do anything in the world, what would it be.
- What is your favorite aspect of our business and how do you think its important to our clients.
- Applications must reach us by the 12th of July, 2013 to be considered for the position.
- Successful applicants should be ready for an interview on the 17th and 18th of July.