is one of the largest container terminal operators in the world. The diverse portfolio includes substantial interests in more than 40 ports around the globe. We continue to actively develop and invest in new projects and opportunities in ports and terminal management.
Job Title: Planning Manager – APM Terminals, APM Terminals Apapa Limited,
Job Ref: 45005
This position offers an outstanding opportunity to join the global team at APM Terminals Apapa and contribute to the success of the organization. The position reports to the Operations Manager.
- Key planning focal point for entire Operations
- Manages and instructs direct reports on the daily activities of the planning department for vessel and yard operations.
- Maintains an administrator level of proficiency in use of both Express and SPARCS (or any other related system) to ensure full use and realization of available tools for managerial purposes
- Conducts direct and professional communications with internal and external customers in reference to the operational needs and controls.
- Ensures full utilization of Labor and equipment, as required for best optimization and efficiency.
- Resolves problems and issues and reports same to Operations Manager when appropriate
- Provides regular process control checks and initiates and supports performance improvement activities.
- A good University Degree
- Has minimum 5 years managerial experience within Terminal Operations environment.
- Experience of working in a multi-cultural environment, in a global assignment is an added advantage.
- Well developed English; oral, written communications and report writing skills
- Ability to work under pressure, anticipates potential problems, diagnose, evaluate and resolve planning problems in order to meet operational performance objectives and deadlines.
- Good leadership skills with a teamwork approach.
- A truly international working environment in a modern working location
- Value and team-based leadership
- An open and engaging working environment
- A wide range of international career opportunities
- Opportunities for personal and professional growth in a dynamic environment
- Competitive compensation packages
This position is an expat/local position, based in Lagos, Nigeria and will remain posted until 4th of January 2012.
Please apply through the job portal and ensure to upload/attach a recent CV. For all internal applications please note that HR will request your staff card upon receipt of your application.