Arik Air is West and Central Africa’s largest airline operating a domestic, regional and international flight network.
Arik Air is a wholly-owned Nigerian airline with a commitment to the people of Nigeria to deliver new standards in aviation. It operates mainly from two hubs at Murtala Mohammed International Airport, Lagos and Nnamdi Azikiwe International Airport, Abuja.
Arik Air, West and Central Africa’s largest carrier, seeks the services of experienced and competent candidates to fill the vacant position of:
Job Title: Officer, Internal Audit
- Prepare or contribute to the preparation of work plans including risk assessment and audit programs for assurance and/or consulting engagements.
- Conduct discussions of preliminary nature with functional staff audited.
- Conduct – in accordance with best audit practice segments of financial, operational and compliance audits of departments.
- Obtain required information directly or indirectly through examination of records and / or interviews with staff.
- For the processes / department audited, review and evaluate the system of management controls and assess their adequacy and effectiveness and, where appropriate, draft potential recommendations for improvements
- Assess the reliability and effectiveness of internal controls. Undertake testing and field works as directed by senior staff, and ensure thorough work papers are prepared.
- Ensure knowledge of Arik and aviation industry in general is always advancing through a commitment to learn, familiarity with current issues in aviation, and research.
- Conduct ad-hoc special projects as requested from time to time by HIA.
- Qualifications and Education:
- Bachelor Degree in Accounting or related discipline
- Partly qualified or student member CAN or ACCA
- 1-3 years Audit experience
- Business and commerce
- A basic understanding of the concept of risk
- An avid interest in aviation
- Computer literacy (all MS Office products)
Application Closing Date
16th September, 2014
How to Apply
Interested candidates should send their applications and detailed CV to: [email protected]
Note: Only candidates that meet the above requirements will be considered.