Babban Gona is an agriculture franchise, developed by Doreo Partners, an Impact Investing Firm with a proven track record of exclusively investing in profitable, high growth, early stage businesses that improve the livelihoods of Nigerian smallholder farmers.
Babban Gona inspires and enables hardworking small scale farmers reach their full potential by providing a private sector channel for cost effective delivery of enhanced agricultural technologies and end-to-end services that optimize yields and labor productivity, while simultaneously improving market access.
The ideal Babban Gona candidate must have strong operations experience and ability to “roll up sleeves” with can-do attitude.
Job Title: Assistant Member Services Supervisor
- Managing a team of field officers
- Assist in generating planting plans and budget inputs.
- Design and implement systems to efficiently manage labour and equipment
- Propose creative solutions to farming problems.
- Work closely with other farm staff to produce the highest quality products.
- Conduct and manage all preparations.
- Follow and document planting plan.
- Generate accurate crop survey and crop forecast.
- Produce spray forecast according to the crop survey
- Help supervise crop harvesting.
- Help in quality control.
- Comply with all safety requirements.
- Design spray programs and spray crops with pesticides.
- Maintain farm data for analysis
- Train and supervise the assistant growers.
- Maintains proper records for spraying and fertilizing
- Calibrates and documents planting and spray equipment.
Qualifications, Requirements and Skills;
- The ideal candidate should have a B.Sc or M.Sc in Agronomy, Plant Science or Horticulture.
- 2-3 years commercial farm management experience is desirable but not essential
- Mechanical knowledge and agricultural tools expertise.
- Strong Operations experience and ability to “roll up sleeves” with can-do attitude.
- Ability to prepare daily written reports.
- Ability to manage assets – equipment, labour.
- Ability to budget, program, manage, schedule.
- Results oriented manager.
- Ability to plan ahead and to look at the whole picture.
- Experience working in the rural setting is an added bonus
Application Closing Date:
30th June, 2014
How To Apply
Kindly send your CV to: [email protected]
Click here to fill the online form