The BBC World Service Trust in Nigeria, the BBC’s international development charity which tackle poverty, human rights and health issues through creative use of the media is seeking to recruit experienced individuals who will join the Team based in Abuja on a new project. The project aims to address and improve the numerous health challenges plaguing women and children in our society through media development activities which will be designed to boost the capacity of media partners in the focal states to serve the public interest.
The positions are in Abuja based but may involve travelling to the local states in Nigeria and the contract duration is expected to be one year, with a six month probation period. Salary will be based on experience but does not include moving or relocation allowance to duty station.
Job Title: Assistant Producer (Radio Drama)
The assistant producer will support the work of the production department by working directly with the producer (Hausa language magazine prog) to deliver specific messaging and themes required by the funding partners
- Excellent script writing, communication and interpersonal skills and be well versed in the use of the computer,
- Possess the ability to develop, design or create new applications, ideas, relationships, systems, or products including artistic productions
- Evidence of high editorial skills, making sound judgments on editorially sensitive programme issues
- Evidence of imagination an enthusiasm for generating new and original ideas
- Minimum of 2 years experience working in the media and in similar position is required
- A good first degree in Mass Communication, Communication arts, theater arts, English or the social sciences or any related field.
- An additional certificate/training in scriptwriting/editing, programme production, directing will be an added advantage.
- Fluency in written and spoken English and Hausa language for Hausa magazine programme.
Method of Application
Interested candidates should please send in their application with an introduction letter stating capability and motivation on why they like the job, a detailed curriculum vitae with names and addresses of three professional referees (including their telephone, fax and email addresses) not later than 10th November 2011 to the
Head of HR/Administration,
BBC World service Trust,
(word document please) with the position applied for clearly stated.