Posted on :
17 Sep, 2009
AMEC is a global company operating in the areas of Oil and gas, Mining, power, Process, nuclear, Renewables, Water and transportation. Joining AMEC gives you a fantastic opportunity to explore different career paths and different avenues
AMEC Nigeria recruits Assistance Project Director for their Nigerian office, this full time position is to be based in Lagos on 10 hours per day working hours – 6 days a week
Purpose / Role
• To assist in providing a single point of contact for AMEC and customer for all activities associated with the MPN Major Integrity Projects.
• To assist achieve the contract objectives (the PDP SPDO’s)
• To assist develop people and systems.
• To assist contribute towards improving the AMEC “image” in Nigeria
Key aims and objectives
• Ensure customer satisfaction is achieved for the contract.
• Achieve expected profit levels yearly and with expected cash flow profile.
• Ensure best practice is utilised where ever possible.
• Ensure local staff are utilised, trained and developed where possible.
• Ensure AMEC are not exposed to unethical work practices.
• Ensure AMEC maximise contract potential.
• Encourage “Right first Time” service to customer.
• Ensure that all work is exercised in such a manner that safety is not compromised.
Prime responsibilities and duties
• Assist develop relationships with all stakeholders (eg MPN, NNPC, Jagal, Netco and all main subcontractors)
• Assist ensure each project is efficiently managed and meets it’s own expected objectives.
• Assist ensure AMEC systems are available to support the projects.
• Assist support and encourage good safety and security practises.
• Assist ensure all work is done to the required quality
• Assist ensure good and clear communications and reporting is achieved
• Assist train and develop personnel
• Assist ensure Nigerian Content Directive requirements are achieved.
• Assist ensure process are in place for proper Supplier and Subcontractor selection
• Assist ensure AMEC is adequately informed of Contract status.
• Bachelors Degree or equivalent in appropriate engineering subject
• Chartered Engineer and member of appopriate engineering institution
• Capable of representing project internally and externally
• Plays a part in the wider Oil & Gas business sector
• Knows AMEC’s systems and procedures
• Knows AMEC people and can network
Personal qualities, aptitudes and skills
• Dogged determination
• Works towards the development of subordinates
• Determination to set and achieve objectives and goals
• Well experienced in all areas of Projects (ie E, P & C)