Posted on :
17 May, 2011
17 May, 2011
Bank of Industry is recruiting for Project Manager
The Access to Renewable Energy Project is a joint programme of the Government of Nigeria/Bank of Industry and UNDP. In continuation of UNDP’s support to Micro, Small and Medium Enterprise (MSME) development and UN’s commitment to ensuring universal access to modern energy services. BOI and UNDP have agreed to extend partnership in this sector to scale up energy access for economic development by facilitating investment in alternative, off-the-grid energy options and linkages with enterprise development. The project is designed for 4 years and the initial phase is planned for 2 years.
The Project Manager (PM) will work under the strategic direction of the General Manager (Operations), BOI and in close coordination with the UNDP Private Sector Team. The PM will lead the Project Management Team. The project will be funded over a 2-year period, 2011-12, by UNDP, but implemented by BOI under a National Execution Modality.
Provide strategic advice on RE market issues, investment and planning to top level policy- and decision-makers in partner institutions (including financial institutions – commercial banks, RE developers, Investors, Government, UNDP, development partners and other private sector operators), based on careful analysis and research.
Job Title: Project Manager
Access to Renewable Energy Project
Duration of Contract: 1 year, with possibility of yearly renewal
Duty Station: Lagos, Nigeria
At least a masters degree in Economics, Engineering, Business Administration, Project Management, any other Social Sciences or Environmental discipline (e.g energy development management)
• Progressively responsible work experience of at least 12 years with not less than 4 years in providing project management leadership on project(s).
• Knowledge of the global and Nigeria renewable energy market, with significant previous project management experience is key. Demonstrable knowledge and experience of private sector capacity building and the technical aspects of energy/renewable energy investment along with the regulatory and legislative system.
• Understanding of financial product development and capacity building processes within national and private sector institutions (financial institutions, developers, regulatory institutions e.t.c.) is important.
• Demonstrable ability to deliver added value to project intermediate, .end beneficiaries and the client.
• Skills in training, policy planning process facilitation, private sector strategic planning, and partnership-building.
• Advanced analytical skills, sound judgment, resourcefulness, ability to take initiative, capacity to work in a self-directed manner and in a multi-cultural environment, and ability to create a multi donor team-based work environment.
• Ability to prepare high quality policy briefs, analytical reports, and technical research reflecting global good practice in energy governance and enterprise development.
• Excellent communication skills and fluency in English.
• Excellent PC user skills: word processing, spreadsheets, databases and web-based research.
• Ability to travel within Nigeria and overseas.
Strong skills in written communications in English particularly in preparing issue-based papers or reports. Excellent spoken English and at least a local Nigerian language is also required.
Not Above 50 Years
Method of Application
Interested candidates should send in their detailed CV latest 24th May 2011 to:
The Executive Consultant,
P. O. Box. 73983, Victoria Island, Lagos