Posted on :
2 Jul, 2011
2 Jul, 2011
Our client, a leading multinational global player in the fast-moving-consumer-goods (FMCG)/ manufacturing sector is in immediate need of a National Engineering Manager with responsibility for coordinating sundry multi-million Naira projects in its operations across Nigeria.
Job Title: National Engineering Manager
Job Description Purpose:
Responsible for the provision of engineering advisory and control services to the organisation and for the planning and execution of major engineering projects, major civil projects and plant overhauls.
• Provides engineering audit service to the operations in liaison with the Engineering Managers in various locations to ensure that standards are maintained.
• Assists in addressing engineering problems that are beyond the resources and technical capabilities of individual operations.
• Draws Management attention to the state of engineering facilities in the operations and recommend remedial actions where necessary.
• Proposes major technical items and capital/revenue expenditure either as replacement or to provide improvement or developments and their cost implication in line with Group/HQ standards.
• Manages major projects to cover all aspects of cost, meet all statutory regulations and required approvals.
• Ensures cost effective overhauls of all plants and diesel engines in line with agreed schedules.
• Participates in the formulation of company engineering policy and drive major engineering service projects, spare parts policy, etc.
• Ensures that departmental organisation meet all requirements for safety and welfare of employees.
• Participates in the recruitment and selection of Engineers and the planning of their careers. Liaise with HR in the training and development of Associates.
• Ensures that all engineering projects of the business are professionally executed.
• Maintains office supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; evaluating new office products; placing and expediting orders for supplies; verifying receipt of supplies, etc.
• Ensures operation of equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer’s instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs; maintaining equipment inventories; evaluating new equipment and techniques.
• Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
• Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
• Departmental budget
• Number of subordinates
• Number of direct reports
• A university degree in Mechanical Engineering (or Production or Electrical Engineering plus mechanical experience), Project Management Certification, Administrative Writing Skills, Reporting Skills, Scheduling, Microsoft Office Skills, Organization, Time Management, Presentation Skills, Equipment Maintenance, Verbal Communication.
• 15 years working experience of which at least 10 must be at managerial level.
• Good people skill
• Excellent team-working ability
• Coaching and grooming ability
Method of Application
To apply click APPLY BUTTON BELOW . Also, click career to post a summary of your CV.