Posted on :
11 Apr, 2011
11 Apr, 2011
Standard Chartered Group was formed in 1969 through a merger of two banks: The Standard Bank of British South Africa founded in 1863 and the Chartered Bank of India, Australia and China, founded in 1853. Listed on the London, Hong Kong and now Mumbai stock exchanges, Standard Chartered PLC is consistently ranked in the top 25 FTSE 100 companies by market capitalization.
Standard Chartered Bank a global leader in the banking and finance sector is currently recruiting for various positions
Job Title: Branch Manager – GRA Ikeja
Job ID: 277725
Job Function: Consumer Banking
Location: Nigeria – SCB
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
• Deliver branch SME and Wealth Management budgets with respect to P and L and balance sheet targets in terms of liability targets by product, number of accounts and value of accounts
• Generate new business via sales promotions, out marketing calls, presentations/ seminars and in branch contacts and build relationships with existing customers
Key Roles & Responsibilities
To run the branch as a profit center, managing the sales process by acquiring new business and deepening existing Customer relationships and maintaining operational efficiency while providing the appropriate Service Standards.
• Active participation in the CB Shared Distribution strategy to execute branch action plans for meeting revenues and cost targets
• Ensure full Compliance with group standards, local laws and regulations, controls and procedures of the bank.
• Achieving Q12 scores higher than 4.00
• Accountability for SQ measures and performance
• Maintaining good appearance of branch facilities and staff.
• Track Service Performance regularly and rectify any deficiency
• Attend to and resolve customer’s complaints and feedback promptly
• Ensure strict compliance with corporate branding and visual standards.
Human Resources Management & Training.
• Improve staff quality and develop their potential
• Convey Targets and objectives set by top management to all staff and direct resources towards achievement of these targets and objectives.
• Provide job rotation and OJT opportunities to enhance staff skills.
• Carry out staff competency model (personal development planning) and performance appraisal to encourage good performance and highlight areas for development
• Communicate Bank and CB strategy and tactics.
• Provide efficient operational support to all business units.
• Provide high quality financial services
• Provide account maintenance and support.
Job Qualifications & Skills
• University degree (minimum 2:2), with other relevant academic & work experience
• Sound knowledge of general banking laws and practices.
• Experience in lending propositions preparation/processing
• Adequate management and office administration concepts.
• Competence in financial accounting/forecasts
• Ability to plan daily/periodic operations
• High Marketing/selling proficiency.
• Strong interpersonal/communication skills.
• Familiar with computer processing/applications.
• Sales targeting and cost budgeting.
• Monitoring and reviewing sales performance/analysis
• Striking balance between customer’s needs/requests and bank rules/policies/procedures