Posted on :
12 Feb, 2010
12 Feb, 2010
Bristow Helicopters (Nigeria) Limited has exicting opportunity within the West Africa Strategic Business Unit for an exceptional individual (current pilot or ex-pilot). They are currently looking for Quality and Safety Manager
Currently the Business Unit operates across nine bases in Nigeria using lights/mediums/heavies and three fixed-wing aircraft. New helicopters are planned in the coming year and new contracts have been gained from two major IOC’s. Client interaction (internally and externally) will be paramount and candidates should have the ability to interact on a daily basis with a wide range of clients on their associated operational needs and be focused to provide a high level of client service.
Quality & Safety Manager West African Strategic Business Unit (WASBU)
Reporting to the Director of WASBU Operations, this senior position is an essential link in the management team.
This is an important and influential position, working proactively to continuously improve our quality and safety performance through risk management, safety promotion, audit and investigation. The role also involves liaison with regulatory authorities and the coordination of global safety initiatives.
Key operational accountabilities:
• The management and supervision of Quality & Safety Department within WASBU operations;
• The day to day management of the group safety management system, including auditing, reporting and investigation function;
• Ensuring company standards are maintained;
• Liaison with regulatory bodies and ensuring company regulatory approvals are maintained;
• Liaison with global quality & safety department.
Key Leadership competencies required:
• The ability to develop and implement a Strong Safety Culture
• The ability to work effectively in a team
• The ability to manage change
• Excellent communication skills
• Global Cultural sensitivity
How to Apply
Send Applications to
The General Manager- Human Resources
Bristow Helicopters (Nigeria) Limited,
Old Domestic Wing, Murtala Mohammed Airport P. O. Box 11, Ikeja, Lagos
Closing date: Monday, 1st March 2010