Posted on :
26 Jul, 2010
26 Jul, 2010
• Schedule, plan, prepare, manage and supervise ROV operations and liaising with Line Management and Client Departments as necessary.
• Assist with the management of technical aspects of assigned contracts with respect to ROV’s and tooling.
• Assist with the management of ROV tools owned or rented by the Company (inventory, maintenance, renewal of tools, etc.)
• Participate in the Call for Tender process, technical evaluation and selection of ROV contractors.
• Participation in ROV budget preparation.
• Ensure the implementation by Contractors of the affiliate HSE policies through the application of the HSE bridging document and other documents as applicable.
• Assist with the organization and preparation of ROV intervention operations in coordination with project engineers, vessels superintendents, drilling and exploitation entities. Review all procedures related to ROV operations, including but not limited to installation and maintenance procedures.
• Assist with the maintenance of internal statistics for ROV and tooling performance.
• Provide technical support and advice to other Company entities for the implementation of ROV interventions.
• Assist with the daily follow-up of all ROV activities within Deep Water, in close coordination with ROV contracted personnel and COMPANY representatives onboard the vessels, offshore installations and drilling rigs.
• Participate in the review and testing of ROV systems, tools and equipment required for ROV activities related to Deep Water operations.
• Supervise ROV Specialist Trainees as directed.
• Assist with maintaining an up to date database of the number, operational condition and position of all Company Deep Water ROV tools and assets.
• Assist with maintaining up to date records of the Deep Water video library in accordance with Deep Water procedures.
Position requires :
• Ability to manage the interface with major ROV Contractors, from different cultures.
• Supervision of ROV personnel onshore and offshore.
• Good technical knowledge of ROV’s, equipment and practices.
• Proactive attitude and preparedness to work with all entities within the Affiliate.
• Good communication skills in order to interact with affiliate entities as well as other affiliates or partners and local authorities
• Good working knowledge of ROV equipment, technology or techniques for deep water ROV operations, interfacing with other oilfield equipment, Research and Development.
Qualifications: Educated to Diploma level in Engineering or equivalent.
Experience: At least 5 years of experience in offshore oil & gas installation / construction industry as ROV Pilot/Operator of which at least 1 year should be in a senior position such as ROV Superintendent or ROV Team Leader.
Languages: Fluent in spoken and written English. Fluent in French optional
Click here to apply for this Position: http://www.brunelenergy.net/job-details/?iVacancyID=29427