Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Brandtone are looking to capitalise on our strong growth by expanding our New Business Development function. Working within a tight-knit country team and within a global organisation, this person will report to the General Manager of the Market and will be responsible for achieving new business development (NBD) revenue, margin and product mix targets by increasing business with new clients across multiple verticals.
Business Development, Business Development Manager, Revenue Management, Target driven, Margin & Sales Analysis, Product Mix Targets
For a candidate looking for exciting, innovative work in an environment where there is truly the opportunity to shape the business and make a difference, Brandtone is a truly unique organization where you will become part of an exciting and already successful global organization.
- Deliver on revenue, margin and product mix targets by quarter
Align with the Global NBD Team on a market development strategy and plans to achieve the targets
- Create and develop target client account plans to win and develop existing and new target clients
- Work closely with the Global NBD Team through the fortnightly reporting framework to align on deliverables and priorities
- Demonstrate leadership in recommending new tactics and plans to feed into the market strategy
- With coordination through Global NBD, work closely with Dublin Global Marketing to ensure that all client facing materials are of the required standard and compliant with Brand Guidelines and support collateral
- Build multi-level client relationships across the client organisations from C-Level strategic alignment to direct ongoing influence of budget holders
- Work closely and collaboratively with internal Operations teams (both Dublin and local market) to ensure the optimum design and execution of all client campaigns and programmes
- Work closely with the Global Database Team to ensure that Database Monetisation targets are delivered (revenue mix and profile creation)
- Work closely with the Global Insights Team to ensure that client campaign expectations are routed in historic results and therefore realistic, and that the campaign reporting rhythm (mid and post-campaign reviews) is used successfully to both upsell and resell to clients
- Ensure clients understand the benefits of the Brandtone reporting portal (Konnect), and drive adoption and frequency of usage to target levels
- Strong proven track record of success delivering profitable (revenue, margin and mix) commercial growth in an international business
- An understanding of local Route to Market structures and drivers across leading consumer goods sectors
- Proven deployment of core consultative selling skills to close sales and manage client expectations, leading to repeat business
- Experience touching on multiple contact points and can move easily between boardroom and local teams
- Understanding of what brands are trying to achieve and how end consumers consider and make decisions regarding brands
- A basic understanding and appreciation of technology, databases, customer relationship management
- Exposure to dynamic entrepreneurial environments
- Existing relationships and networks with potential clients within the market.
- 3rd level degree or higher in Marketing, Business or a related discipline
- Treats company as own through committed work ethic and commitment to representing brand and company with highest standards of professionalism
- A self-motivated, resourceful individual, able to work independently and under pressure
- A ‘can-do’ attitude and a willingness to ‘roll up sleeves’, balanced by a strategic orientation
- High integrity and sense of values, committed to doing things the right way
- Enjoys people and building relationships with them; natural sales mentality without being overt
- Willingness to travel
Brandtone is a leader in mobile engagement that provides the means for leading brands in fast-growing markets to conduct mobile marketing campaigns that increase sales, drive share, increase awareness / education and build trusted brands. Brandtone provides measurable return on investment mobile marketing campaigns to the clients allowing them to meet short and long-term strategic business goals. Using interactive voice response mobile technology (IVR), USSD and messaging platforms, free of charge to the caller, Brandtone builds innovative mobile promotions and enables hyper-targeted direct marketing to millions of brand buyers. Brandtone currently has operations in LATAM, the African Continent, Russia, India, China and South East Asia.
Brandtone develops strong and close partnerships with its clients and selects one client in each category to work with for the long term. Brandtone’s world clients include Unilever, SAB-Miller, Kellogg’s, Pepsi, Kraft and BP. The campaigns which Brandtone runs have generated large permissioned consumer databases, circa 20 million and growing. Brandtone owns and manages the country databases / audiences and uses these to amplify and extend campaigns and increasingly to drive awareness / education and consideration through narrow casting advertising and as a lead generator for consumers and customers across a range of verticals/Brandtone is an Irish company with our headquarters in Dublin, Europe’s digital hub. Our rapid international growth is supported by our incredible people: the best talent selected from across a range of industries – Mobile, Technology, Data Analytics, Consumer Insights, Marketing, Sales and Finance.