Standard Chartered Bank Nigeria – We attract talented individuals. Not only can they give you the benefit of their experience, they also reveal a closer, more personal look at the wide range of global opportunities we offer. At the core of the Group’s people strategy is our focus on employee engagement. Engagement is a key driver of productivity and performance, which creates the foundation of our performance culture. We encourage and focus on the behaviours that bring out the very best from every employee, assessing their performance not just on results but on how those results were achieved. To further embed these behaviours we have a remuneration programme in place, carefully designed to incentivise our employees to live our values every day.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Business Development Officer, EB
Job ID: 500613
Location: Lagos Island
Job Function: Retail Banking
Full/Part Time: Full time
- Engage New To Bank clients who are employees of corporates with whom Retail Banking has done a deal with an institution either mandate or right to market (primarily CB/CIB / Non-client EB corporate)
- Onboard New To Bank potential clients with multiple product needs (Payroll, Personal Loans, Credit Cards, Mortgages, Investment Products)
- Engage via on-site marketing/ events or appointments
- Ensures that the applications meet the required standard.
- Perform Detica Account Opening Checks (where applicable) on applications submitted for review.
- Ensure the anomalies / errors / omissions are attended to before submitting the application to Loan Centre for further review / processing.
Connect & explain:
- Connect with identified employees of Employee Banking corporate (based on opportunities set up by RMs)
- Explain proposition & requirements in full
Sources of leads:
- Employee Banking RM
- Existing EB customers
Prepare & set up on site presence:
- Collect all documents required for account opening and product requirements
Meet, Acquires basis need based conversations:
- Meet in person (ensure Priority RM joins where required)
- Determine further needs
- Complete sales process for product set up
- Educate and conduct initial set up for online, ATMs, Client Centre, and Branch
- Product/process fulfilment
- Pass on referrals/leads of other products to respective specialists
Policies and Guidelines:
- To be familiar and comply with all relevant Group policies and local regulations in relation to all products.
- Ensure that all anti-money laundering / Know Your Customer (KYC) and Customer Due Diligence (CDD) guidelines are adhered to.
Anti Money Laundering / KYC / CDD:
- Remain alert to the risk of money laundering and assist in the Bank’s effort in combating it by adhering to the key principles in relation to:
- Identifying your customer,
- Knowing your customer,
- Reporting suspicions,
- Safeguarding records and
- Not disclosing suspicions to customers.
Group Compliance Performance Objectives
- Adherence to laws and regulations, internal risks and compliance policies and Group Code of Conduct
- Completion of all mandatory risk and compliance training including e-learning within stated timeframes
- Proactive identification of risks and concerns, including escalation to all relevant stakeholders
- Timely mitigation of risks and resolution of issues including collaboration with all relevant stakeholder functions, and establishment of effective controls.
- To participate and contribute in the upcoming projects of the department to ensure timely and smooth implementation
Key relationships (Internal & External)
- Senior Relationship Managers, RMs and peers in Retail Clients
- Senior Managers, SBIM, BOSMs and BOOs of all levels in the Business Units.
- Group Internal Audit
- The overall success of Retail Banking Nigeria.
- BSc / HND + (5 years experience or professional qualification).
- Proven minimum of 2 years sales experience with bank or insurance company with knowledge of lending products
- Minimum of 1 year experience in customer services
- Good working knowledge of the bank’s operating systems.
- Articulate, well spoken
- Good communication and inter-personal skills
- Presentable; decorum critical
- Computer literate
- Result oriented
- Customer focused
- Team players
- Enhanced multi-product Priority/ Personal knowledge
- Market and competition knowledge
- On boarding
- Client training on banking products and digital solutions
- Communication and presentation skills
- Objection handling and problem solving
- Digital savvy, need to be comfortable with our digital platforms
- Understanding of Priority / Personal Client KYC principles/ CDD
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online