Posted on :
25 Apr, 2011
25 Apr, 2011
Our client is a multinational manufacturer and supplier of essential FMCG commodities. The successful candidate would effectively manage the Production Department in order to meet business and customer requirements.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES WILL INCLUDE:
· Efficiently and effectively manage the key activities related to the Production Department, in order to meet business and customer requirements.
· Ensure adherence to schedule in order to meet customer delivery deadlines, in full and on time.
· Optimise efficiency, by ensuring that uptime and waste standards are met and continuously improved upon.
· Manage the department budgets and exercise cost control.
· Manage the department to ensure that labour allocations are optimised.
· Ensure that effective recruitment, training and performance management is implemented throughout the department, taking future organisational requirements into account.
· Manage and be actively involved in the quality assurance process in order to ensure adherence to company quality standards and conformance to customer requirements.
· Create a health and safety culture, and ensure that all activities within the department comply with statutory and company requirements
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE SHOULD:
· Have minimum of University Degree/Diploma in Production Management or Engineering
· Have minimum of five years on the job experience with gravure printing industry, 2 of which must be at managerial level
· Computer literacy is a compulsory
· Have People management skills
· Be conversant with output measuring system and report writing.
· Be quality and safety conscious.
· Have good interpersonal relations
· Have effective communication skills