Cedarcrest Hospitals, Abuja hereby requests applications from suitably qualified medical doctors for three and six month temporary fellowship appointments as trainees in orthopaedic surgery. This hospital is located in the heart of the federal capital and is a foremost centre for modem image guided orthopaedic surgery and traumatology. Trainee fellowships will generally last for three or six months, however, trainees willing to stay for a short period of training of one month can apply.
TRAINEES IN ORTHOPAEDIC SURGERY
Trainees will be expected to participate in the surgical management of patients in all subspecialties and work with internationally trained orthopaedic surgeons. They will be exposed to the following procedures:
In addition to the core orthopaedic areas above. trainees will also be exposed to neurosurgical and plastic surgical procedures as follows:
– Brain trauma management
– Brain tumour surgery
– Contemporary management of stroke
– Decompressive craniotomies and evacuations of intracerebral hematoma “Hydrocephalus and spina bifida management
2. Plastic surgery
– Abdominoplasty (tummy tuck)
– Abdominoplasty and mesh ventral hernia repair
– Breast reduction and breast augmentation surgeries
– Breast lift
– Scar revisions
Trainees will be provided accommodation and a stipend for the period of the training.
1. Must be fully registered medical practitioners
2. Must have commenced post graduate training in orthopaedic surgery in a post graduate college approved institution
3. Must have passed the Part 1 Fellowship Examination
4. Must possess an NYSC discharge certificate, or valid exemption as the case may be.
METHOD OF APPLICATION
To apply send a detailed curriculum vitae with an application letter titled “Application for Post of Trainee in Orthopaedic Surgery
” to [email protected]
Applications should be addressed to
Centre for Orthopaedic Surgery,
Applicants should indicate whether they are interested in the one, month, three month or six month training period.
There are also limited vacancies for theatre nurses.
Interested nurses should apply as above.
Applications closes 12th September, 2011