Chemonics International Inc., a leading International consulting firm based in Washington, D.C., seeks experienced professionals for an anticipated teacher training and education project in Nigeria funded by USAID. The project will aim to enhance teacher education at the pre-service and in-service levels in order to improve reading at the basic education level. Positions are based in either Abuja or Kano and may involve periodic travel to some in northern Nigeria.
Chemonics International (www.chemonics.com) was founded in 1975 and is one of the largest U.S. consulting firms providing expertise in developing and emerging-market countries initiatives financed by the U.S. Agency International Development
Job Title: Chief of Party
- 5 or more years of COP or DCOP experience on USAID programs preferred.
- Advanced degree or equivalent experience in education, curriculum development, literacy, or a related field.
- Minimum of (10) years experience in education, teacher training, or a related field. in Nigeria (international experience also welcome)
- Understanding of basic education system in Nigeria and experience working with federal and state education institutions in-country.
- Ability to travel throughout northern Nigeria to oversee program implementation and provide technical expertise.
- Proven ability to coordinate with diverse partners; and actors across multiple distinct regions.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and advanced written and spoken English required.
Method of Application
How to apply, Please Email cover letters and CV (as attachments) to [email protected]
Please specify position being applied for in the subject line.
Applications are due by November 30th 2011 but will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
Only short-listed candidates will he contacted.
Chemonics is an Equal Opportunity Employer