Cisco Nigeria is recruiting for a System Engineer to be based in Lagos Nigeria.
JOB TITLE: SYSTEM ENGINEER
Purpose of the Job:
Provide a high level of technical consultancy to our customers focused on creating pipeline to grow the business. Working closely with Account Managers and providing an interface for the customer in regard to all technical issues in the sales cycle. Improve the knowledge of the sales community about the Cisco product portfolio. Support relationship with key customers and identify technical and market developments.
- Identify and translate customer’s technical requirements into a solution and effectively deliver in-depth & high level technical presentations addressing customer needs & expectations.
- Provide specific solutions/technology/ product consulting, technical and sales support for accounts in the assigned territory.
- Supports tactical opportunities (i.e. Product configurations, documentation, Launch-n-Learns, etc.) and assists the account team with applying existing Cisco solutions to address a specific customer/partner need.
- Drive the development of formal sales plans and proposals for assigned opportunities.
- Actively participate as a specialist on assigned Virtual Team, and/or Solutions Team.
- Main functions will include education of the market, perform advanced network designs with minimal assistance, supporting the sales process, responding to RFI/RFQ/RFPs, etc., actively probing customers for technical needs on sales opportunities
- Focuses on development of technical, professional, and sales skills. Relies on Mentor. Shares knowledge acquired through training, customer/partner meetings, TOI’s, etc. with rest of team. Supports & mentors new members of the SE organization.
- Communicates the technical trends of the internetworking industry to peers and customers.
- Performs network design activities with minimal assistance.
- Base level understanding of Commercial sector business and technical requirements. Works independently with customers or Channel Partners
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science / Electrical Engineering or equivalent
- CCNP & CCDP certifications required
- CCIE R&S highly desirable
- 5-7 years of demonstrable experience in Cisco products & solutions or relevant experience in key competitor offerings
- Knowledge of baseline SE skills and In-depth knowledge of specific solutions in the following areas: Campus Switching, MAN/WAN & IP routing, Multicast Routing, Security, QOS, VPNs, MPLS, Voice & Unified Communications, Voice & Video convergence, TelePresense, Optical Networking, Data Center & Storage Area Networking, Wireless & Mobility services.
- Competitive knowledge (in their area of specialization) including solution, technology and product offerings.
- Understanding and conversant about company, competitors, technologies, solutions, product strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats.
- Demonstrable experience in providing pre-sales support to winning Account Teams.
- Problem solving skills: ability to assess a problem and determine an effective course of action.
- Excellent communication, presentation, interpersonal & negotiation skills required.
- Ability to work effectively, add value as a team member and assume a leadership role for the team.
- Be an effective team player, anticipate change, and manage an ever changing working environment.
- Able to work under and cope with pressure without unduly compromising delivery.
- Multi-lingual: Must have relevant fluency in business English.
How to Apply
Visit the Cisco’s careers page and apply. ONLY suitable candidates will be contacted.
Click here to apply online.