A fast growing digital media and online advertising company is looking for young, dynamic and self-motivated individuals to fill the vacant position of:
Job Title: Web Content Developers/ Content Editors
Job Location: Enugu Nigeria
Starting Salary: #85,000 per month
Degree/Diploma in English Language, Mass Communication, Journalism, Internet Media or its equivalent
Previous media/writing experience will be an advantage.
As a web content developer/Editor, you will utilize standard templates and processes to create/update web content on multiple websites and ensure that all content meet brand and quality standards. The website content developer will be responsible for developing content for all aspects of the organisation’s online presence including our social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, Pinterest, etc). In addition to writing, editing, and proofreading site content, this person will also work closely with the technical and SEO team to maintain site standards with regard to new development.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Create, develop and manage content for organisation’s web presence (requires working with content management software such as Wordpress)
- Review content to ensure compliance with brand and quality standards
- Prepare, rewrite and edit copy to improve readability
- Correct spelling and grammatical errors.
- Meet all deadlines.
- Manage advertorials, special projects and assist with approvals in the absence of Chief Editor
- Check sources to make sure work is original
- The company retains the right to change or assign other duties to this position.
- Communicate with content owners to understand their content requirements and translate their business requirements into shareable web content
- Work cooperatively with key team members, clients and vendors
- An excellent command of English language.
- Excellent writing and verbal skills
- Experience in content publishing, writing, editing is also an advantage
- The ability to thrive under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Excellent work ethic.
- A sharp eye for detail.
- Exceptional communication and organisational skills
- Experience with popular content developing and management systems such as Wordpress is an advantage
- Passion, Integrity and Energy
- Ability to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Must be able to work independently, but also as part of a team
- A good understanding of social media
- Problem solver
- Great personal style
- Fast learner
- A love for people
- Taking initiative
Mode of Application:
Email Contact: [email protected]
Interested candidate should send CV and cover letter to: [email protected] with “Writer/Editor” as the subject.
Closing Date: 31st January, 2015