Posted on :
26 Jan, 2010
26 Jan, 2010
Deloitte is looking to recruit 4 experienced professionals to join our team. The company is currently looking for a Senior Account Officer to take on key roles in the firm. He or She is to be based in lagos Nigeria
• The Senior Account Officer will report directly the Finance Manager and be responsible for the Branch office function.
• The successful candidate will ensure that fee notes are raised and settled promptly, vendors are paid timely, best practices are in place for the collection/ vendor payment process; and reporting of receipts/payments, is timely and accurate.
• The Senior Account Officer will oversee a team of 4-5 staff;
• Support technology improvements and manage process redesign initiatives.
• The responsibilities and duties this position include, are not limited to
• Maintain the oversight and reporting requirement of branch offices
• Prepare and/or assist with the development of financial documents,
processing and budget execution by branch offices.
• Provide analytical support for specific programs with respect to budget formulation, execution, and reporting. .
• Assist with collecting, tracking, verifying, and reporting on receipts,
payments, commitments and obligations.
• Record and maintain financial transactions and documents in various financial and document management system including providing analytical support to the budget decision-making support process and performing financial analysis and account reconciliation
• The qualified candidate must have a first degree in Accounting or Finance,
• 7+ years of professional experience,
• 3+ years of management experience, knowledge of internal controls
• An expert knowledge of Excel, PowerPoint, Word, GreatSoft, Oracle and other accounting systems/ programs.
This role is for a proactive problem solver with the ability to give and receive accurate and difficult feedback to subordinates, managers, and peers. Experience with ProSoft general ledger is a plus.
Method of Application
To apply for these positions, please send your CV and cover letter to:[email protected] , stating the reference number of the position you applied for. Note that only applicants who are to be invited for interviews shall be notified.
Closing Date: 28th January, 2010.