The Youth Empowerment Centre, Egbokodo-ltsekiri in Warri South LGA is a Model-class Multipurpose Youth Training Centre established by the Delta State Government within the context of Its Human Capital Development, Peace, Security and Job Creation agenda. It is established In partnership with the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) and managed by the United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS).
The Centre requests application from suitably qualified candidates of Delta State origin for the 2013/2014 academic session.
Courses on Offer – City and Guilds Level 1 in the following Vocations:
- Welding and Fabrication.
- Motor Vehicle Mechanics.
- Information and Communication Technology.
- Carpentry and Joinery.
- Diesel Plant Fitting & Maintenance.
- Electrical Installation.
- Catering and Hotel Management.
- Interested candidates should be between the ages of 18-30 years.
- Minimum entry requirement is Senior Secondary School Certificate with four credits including English and Mathematics.
Application Closing Date
24th August, 2013
Method of Application
Interested qualified applicants for all the programmes can obtain application forms free of charge from:
- Government Council Secretariats in Delta State
- Ministry of Youth Development, Asaba
- Ministry of Local Government & Chieftaincy Affairs, Asaba
- Ministry of Finance, (ODA Department), Asaba
- Ministry of Higher Education, Asaba
- Delta State Youth Council Secretariat, Asaba
- The Youth Empowerment Centre, Egbokodo-Itsekiri
- Delta State Liaison Offices in Abuja & Lagos
Submission of Application Forms
- Completed forms should be accompanied with copies of applicant’s credentials, birth certificates/ age declaration, any means of identification, and two passport-sized photographs. All completed application forms should be returned to the points of collection on or before the closing date.
- Applicants are required to have their application forms endorsed by their Community Trust or CDC chairperson before submission.
- Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply for the courses.
- Please note that submission of application forms does not in anyway guarantee automatic admission of candidates to the Centre. Candidates will be selected based on merit and the number of places available for each programme.
For Further Enquiries please call the following numbers: 08106928293, 08169342460 or 07037706308
Or Email: [email protected]