Chemonics International Inc., a leading International consulting firm based in Washington, D.C., seeks experienced professionals for an anticipated teacher training and education project in Nigeria funded by USAID. The project will aim to enhance teacher education at the pre-service and in-service levels in order to improve reading at the basic education level. Positions are based in either Abuja or Kano and may involve periodic travel to some in northern Nigeria.
Chemonics International (www.chemonics.com) was founded in 1975 and is one of the largest U.S. consulting firms providing expertise in developing and emerging-market countries initiatives financed by the U.S. Agency International Development
Job Title: Deputy Chief of Party
- Advanced degree or equivalent experience in education, curriculum development, literacy. Or a related field.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience managing and implementing multi- faceted education development programs in Nigeria (international experience also welcomed)
- Demonstrated success, in engaging with and enabling education reforms within Nigerian institutions at federal, state and local/school level
- Proven success managing and supervising staff.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and advanced written and spoken English required.
Method of Application
How to apply, Please Email cover letters and CV (as attachments) to [email protected]
Please specify position being applied for in the subject line.
Applications are due by November 30th but will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
Only short-listed candidates will he contacted.
Chemonics is an Equal Opportunity Employer.