Posted on :
21 Feb, 2011
Maintenance Technicians are responsible for maintaining their plant and equipment in a safety conscious manner to meet the increasing volume and quality demands in a reliable and cost efficient manner. They are also responsible for participating in all World Class Manufacturing improvement initiatives and driving Process Improvement Plans in their department and for their own training and development. They will report to the Packaging Engineer.
Purpose of Role:
· To maintain equipment using RCM (Reliability Centered Maintenance), utilizing condition monitoring techniques to minimize breakdown.
· To optimize equipment availability and to minimize losses and risk.
· To produce Guinness products at customer service levels, quality conformance and within budget.
To apply technical, process, continuous improvement and individual/team development skills to optimise overall brewery improvement and plant performance.
1. Adhere to Guinness Nigeria PLC safety policy and procedures to achieve Zero Harm for safety, health, environment and hygiene to ensure a safe and efficient operating environment. Utilise and apply safe systems of working and pro-actively seek opportunities to improve work environment.
2. Provide a comprehensive maintenance service on plant and equipment, carrying out planned maintenance schedules, responding to breakdowns, assessing & monitoring plant performance on an ongoing basis and attending to all other process duties in a timely manner.
3. Maintaining the history of the asset by use of SAP Plant Maintenance.
4. Deliver best possible plant operation by maximising plant availability and efficiency of operation through execution of Planned Preventative Maintenance schedules.
5. Manage materials spares required by their plant and equipment – includes draw down stock from locally provided “bins” and be accountable for whatever stock is drawn down.
Communication and Influence
1. Shares information and Best Practice within and between teams
2. Participates openly and constructively in Problem solving processes and team meetings
3. Demonstrates enthusiasm and commitment to delivering team and Packaging targets
Accountability for Results
1. Takes personal accountability for all KPI’s within own or team’s scope of delivery
2. Actively participates in Continuous Improvement and Problem Solving Processes with demonstrable evidence of involvement and contribution
Analysis and Decision Making
1. Can analyze production and engineering work schedules and make decisions which ensure that all targets and standards within own shift and the next 24hrs are met
Qualifications and Experience Required:
· 3 years experience/competence in Operations, Maintenance, Process Control and Performance Measurement in a brewery or drinks or food manufacturing environment.
· Ideally have an appropriate qualification in Brewing, Packaging, Engineering or Utilities (as appropriate) and/or a nationally recognised technical qualification.
· Demonstrate detailed understanding of Permit to Work system and HSE policies, statutory requirements and responsibilities.
Ø Technical principles
Ø PLC principles – Electrical
Ø Bottling principles and processes
Ø SHE principles and procedures
Ø Application of knowledge
Barriers to Success in Role:
Skill level inadequate to successfully maintain both new and ageing assets and technology.
Lack of personal flexibility to function in a tightly manned manufacturing environment with volatile production and sales demand.
Flexible working options:
Brewery based in Nigeria.
How to Apply:
Log on to www.diageo.com & click on ‘careers‘ Click on ‘Search & Apply‘
Click on ‘Search openings‘ go to ‘key word‘ (Box 5) and enter the Ref No: 26538BR
Click ‘view job(s)’ to read the detailed job profile Click on ‘submit to job(s)’ to submit your Cv