Saipem Contracting Nigerian Limited (SCNL) is a subsidiary of SAIPEM S.P.A, a global leader in Engineering, Procurement, Construction and Project Management in the Energy sector. Due to the expansion of our operations in Nigeria, we are seeking for highly qualified, pro-active, fast learning, flexible, well organized and motivated resources with an excellent track record to reinforce our team.
Job Title: Electrical Designer (Ref: EDR)
Location: Port Harcourt/Remote Sites
Reporting to: Electrical Specialist Leader/ Electrical Discipline Lead
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare material take off and bill of quantities for cost and erection works estimated during bidding stage,
- Review of client’s technical documentation and requirements during bidding stage & Project execution
- Coordinates and controls electrical engineering subcontracted activities & documents.
- Prepares technical documentation (specification, data sheets and inspection data sheets) for electrical bulk materials
- Prepares the Material Requisition (PR), the technical bid evaluations and provides technical support to procurement department in purchasing activities
- Performs the follow up of electrical bulk materials and check I review of Vendors technical documentation
- Involvement in preparation of electrical load list, power cables sizing, electrical load balance electrical network (grounding, lighting, cathode protection, electric tracing, connection boxes) materials selection and typical installation details
- Develops electrical network layout documentation (grounding, lighting, cathodic protection, electric tracing, connection boxes)
- Implements detail engineering activities (positioning, layouts, cable routings, cable raceways, cable schedules, supports…).
- Prepare material materials take off (MTO) and bill of quantities (BOQ) for electrical system installation
Qualification and Experience:
- Minimum of 3 years of cognate experience in Electrical Engineering Design
- University degree in Electrical Engineering
- Understanding of Engineering standard code & Regulations
- Good computer skills: proficient in MS office suite AutoCAD, PDS, PDMS
Application Closing Date:
14th November, 2012
How To Apply:
Quoting the vacancy reference as the email subject.
Only short listed persons will be contacted for Interviews