Saipem Contracting Nigerian Limited (SCNL) is a subsidiary of SAIPEM S.P.A, a global leader in Engineering, Procurement, Construction and Project Management in the Energy sector. Due to the expansion of our operations in Nigeria, we are seeking for highly qualified, pro-active, fast learning, flexible, well organized and motivated resources with an excellent track record to reinforce our team.
Job Title: Electrical Engineer (Ref: EER)
Location: Port Harcourt/ Remote Sites
Reporting to: Electrical Discipline Lead
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Preparation of project design criteria for electrical systems
- Review of client’s technical documentation and requirements, electrical system basic design, electrical system design review and definition of electrical engineering requirements.
- Prepare material MTO for cost estimate, bill of quantities (BOQ) for erection works estimate
- Prepare technical documentation (specification, data sheet and inspection data sheets) for electrical equipment and materials
- Perform electrical system models & calculations and define ratings of equipment/systems (power demand, load flow, short circuits, transient stability, motor starting, harmonics, grounding)
- Defines the configuration of the electrical system and prepares the single line diagrams, relay and metering schemes, protective relays coordination study and setting tables
- Prepare electric substation layout arrangement, interconnecting wiring diagrams, checks and review electrical cable lay down documentation and electrical network layout documentation (grounding, lighting, cathode protection, electric tracing and connection boxes)
- Prepares the technical bid evaluations and performs Vendor follow up of electrical equipment/materials
- Involvement In functional checks and tests for electrical system energisation and commissioning
- Support Electrical Superintendent and Field Electrical Engineer for modifications at site.
Qualification and Experience:
- Minimum of 5 years of cognate experience in Electrical Engineering Design
- University degree in Electrical Engineering
- Understanding of Engineering standard code & Regulations
- Knowledge in Electrical design software (ETAP SKM)
- Good computer skills: proficient in MS office suite, Aut0CAD, PDS, PDMS.
Application Closing Date:
14th November, 2012
How To Apply:
Quoting the vacancy reference as the email subject.
Only short listed persons will be contacted for Interviews