Etisalat’s vision is a world where people’s reach is not limited by matter or distance; a world where people will effortlessly stay in touch with family and friends; a world where businesses of all sizes can reach new markets without the limitations of distance and travel.
Etisalat Nigeria is recruiting to fill the below position:
Job Title: Manager, High Value Sponsorship & Events
Location: Lagos, NG
Oversee all EMTS’s High value sponsorship, events and coordinate approved merchandising activities as required.
- Keep abreast of global and local best practice as it relates to events management and sponsorship activities.
- Support the identification and evaluation of appropriate sponsorship targets for Etisalat Nigeria
- Establish and maintain relationships with key internal and external stakeholders.
- Work closely with the Head, Events & Sponsorship to define and develop a sponsorship and events strategy for Etisalat high value customers.
- Work closely with the Head, Events & Sponsorship to develop the annual schedule for Etisalat’s participation in local and international events including events for high value and corporate customers.
- Identify and evaluate appropriate opportunities for Etisalat’s participation in events/ sponsorship initiatives/exhibitions targeted at high value customers aimed at:
- Enhancing its brand visibility; and
- Promoting existing products and services.
- Build business cases for sponsorship and events for high value customers, highlighting estimates of potential return on investment and proffer recommendations to the Head, Events and sponsorships.
- Oversee the distribution of appropriate promotional/gift items to high value customers for goodwill and enhancement of Etisalat’s corporate image.
- Provide input into high value sponsorship, events and exhibitions related publications via all channels including the Etisalat corporate portal/website, newspapers, magazines etc.
- Liaise with the Legal division in ensuring proper negotiation and compliance to all relevant contractual agreements.
- Manage inter-functional relations between the unit and various departmental functions to ensure synergy.
- Provide leadership and guidance to team members and manage subordinates’ performance towards the achievement of overall team objectives.
- Monitor and control the budgetary needs of the High Value sponsorship unit.
- Prepare/compile agreed periodic activity and performance reports for the attention of the Head, Events and Sponsorships
- Identify and evaluate appropriate sponsorship targets and proffer recommendations to the Head, Events & Sponsorship. Create new business relations and secure sponsorship investments for Etisalat Nigeria
- Ensure creation of adequate advertising opportunities within identified sponsorship targets, in order to enhance Etisalat Nigeria’s brand promotion, recognition and popularity
- Review and evaluate all sponsorship requests and proffer recommendations to the Head, Events & Sponsorship
- Implement the Sponsorship team’s work programmes and plans in line with agreed upon procedures and guidelines
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the Head, Events & Sponsorship
- First degree in Marketing, Communication, Business Administration or any relevant discipline from a recognized university.
- An MBA or relevant post graduate/ professional qualification is an added advantage.
Experience, Skills & Competencies
- Six (6) to eight (8) years work experience with at least three (3) years at supervisory level.
- Previous experience in events and sponsorship management in a corporate environment
- Industry knowledge
- Events and Sponsorship management
- Project Management
- Results Orientation
- People Management
- Stakeholder Relationship Management
- Personal Effectiveness
- Customer Focus
- Passion for Excellence
- Empowering people
- Growing people
- Team work
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online