Posted on :
19 May, 2011
19 May, 2011
EXECUTIVE SELECTION ENGAGEMENT
POSITION: FINANCIAL CONTROLLER ESD 112 Lagos.
Our client is one of the biggest life insurancecompanies in Nigeria, providing specializedinsurance and financial planning products and services to individuals and organizations. With a robust capital base and the support of high net worth corporate and individual investors, the company is poised to become the life insurer of choice in Africa.
To meet its strategic business needs, the firm approached Excel Professional Services to assist in the selection of a highly skilled and suitably qualifiedprofessional to join its services as Financial Controller
The requirement is for a qualified chartered accountant, who had acquired over ten years post-qualification experience, preferably in the financial services sector. The position is most suited for candidates with strong academic background, including a Bachelors degree in Economics or related discipline and a Masters’ degree in Finance or Accounting.
The Financial Controller will report directly to the Executive Director, Finance & Investments and be responsible for a broad range of tasks, including budget preparation, financial reporting, financial intelligence, economic research and management support.
• Knowledge of finance, cost control, statistics, economics, budgeting andaccounting principles gravitating towards the International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS)
• Ability to analyze financial data and prepare financial reports, statements and projections
• Strong analytical and quantitative skills
• High level of computer literacy
• Strong negotiation and decision making skills
• Resilience and an ability to probe and resolve issues
• Ability to meet tight deadlines
• The remuneration attached to this position is highly competitive and designed to attract the best candidate.
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered for this role, please send a copy of your CV (4-page maximum) with a covering letter to [email protected] quoting the reference ESD 112 to reach the undersigned within two weeks of this notice.
Advert closes 26 May 2011
Head, EPS Recruitment
Excel Professional Services Ltd.