Posted on :
28 Sep, 2009
28 Sep, 2009
FBN Mortgages Limited (FBNML) is a wholly owned mortgage banking subsidiary of First Bank of Nigeria Plc the leading diversified financial services group in Nigeria with total assets of over N614 Billion (about USD 5 Billion),excluding contigents, revenues in excess of N67 billion (USD515 million) and a network of about 400 branches in 2006 and eight subsidiary companies.
First Bank Of Nigeria Plc Recruits for Managing Director FBN Mortgages Ltd
First Bank Of Nigeria Plc Is Seeking A suitable and Qualified Managing Director To Lead FBN Mortgages Ltd., A Wholly-Owned First Bank Subsidiary Engaged In Real Estate Development And Financing. The First Bank Group Is Under-Growing Renewed Emphasis On Non-Banking Financial Services.
Qualified Candidates Are Requested To Submit Their Cv’s Online
Short listed Candidates Will Be Contacted For Further Discussions.
Overview Of The Role
• Design Strategic Direction For The Company Build A World Class High Performing Team And
• Work Closely With The Board To Ensure Vision Realization Of Becoming The Undisputed Leader In The Estate Development And Mortgage Finance Marketing Space.
• Drive The Profitability And Financial Performance Objectives Of Fully Integrated Mortgage Business / Property Development Finance With Capabilities For Origination, Investment, Servicing, And Ensure This Is Balanced With Providing The Highest Level Customer Experience.
• Supervise Commercial And Residential Mortgage Originations, Processing, Commitments, Closings, Sales And Deliveries.
• Institute And Continuously Improve Credit Automation And Standardization Procedures.
Ability To Lead The Company In A Majority Of The Following Areas:
Design Strategy And Plans
• Plan, Develop And Implement Business Strategy To Meet Agreed Organizational Performance Plans Within Agreed Budget And Timescales (Covering Relevant Areas Of Financing, Marketing, Operations, Distribution, Administration, Etc)
• Articulate And Facilitate The Design And Implementation Of Effective Marketing Strategies, Programmes And Activities Aimed At Meeting Customer Need, Enhance Asset Creation And Relationship Management Which Will Ultimately Increase The Revenue Generation Capacity Of The Organization
• Stay Abreast Of Regulations And Legislation, As Well As Other Policymaking Events That Directly Affect The Business
• Develop A Robust Loan Recovery Strategy
Monitor Performance And Manage Business Risks
• Manage Key Risks That Could Impact The Business (Incl. Market, Reputational Risks)
• Manage For Profit Ability With A Key Focus On Fixed And Variable Costs
• Ensure Compliance With Internal And Regulatory Standards
Relationship Management, Origination And Execution Guidance
• Manage The Internal And External Image Of The Business
• Provide High Level Execution Guidance And Support To The Mortgage Teams
• Exploit Customer Database To Cross-Sell Insurance And Other Banking Products Of The Group
Structure Participation In Real Estate Projects
• Identify Attractive Real Estate Investment Opportunities For The Group
• Optimally Structure Nature Of Participation In Real Estate Projects
• Ensure Maximum Integration And Alignment Of Real Estate Projects With Financing Arms Of The Company In Line With Strategic Objectives
Required Qualifications And Capabilities For Success
Experience & Qualifications
• Good 1st Degree, With Preferably Relevant Post Graduate Qualification And /Or MBA
• Solid Track Record Of Employment In Reputable Retail Financial Institution Or Major Real Estate Development Firm With A Minimum Of 12 Years Relevant Experience, At Least 5 Years Of Which Should Be Focused On Consumer Credit, Real Estate
Financing Or Mortgage Products Management Or Real Estate Development
• Strong Entrepreneurial And Business Development Experience; Prior Executive Management Experience
• Strong Understanding And Command Of Real Estate Value Chain With Preference For Candidates With Demonstrated Track Record In Real Estate Development
• In-Depth Understanding Of The Diversity And Variety Of Mortgage Products, Pricing Structures Underwriting And Appraisal Processes, And Salability Guidelines
• Strong Motivator And Role Model For Professional And Ethical Behaviour
• Track Record Of Attraction, Development And Retention Of Talent
• Self-Driven, Results-Oriented With A Positive Outlook, And A Clear Focus On High Quality And Business Profit
• Personable And Engaging; Ability To Successfully Interface With A Broad Range Of Stakeholders And Customers.
Applications Deadline is 12pm 6th October 2009