Gilead is a Limited Liability Pharmaceutical Company Registered in Uganda in 1999. The company has both a retail and and Import/distribution division; the former has a large network of retail outlets in Uganda.
We are currently recruiting to fill the following graduate and eexperienced positions below:
Job Title: Logistic Manager
- Sourcing vans and allocate buses for both local and transit activities.
- Follow up on all related documentation; checking of invoices, ensure preparation of delivery notes, LPO’s,Prepare Quotations.
- Allocating and recording resources and movements,planning routes and load scheduling for multi-drop deliveries.
- Handling and managing all Daily logistics and operational issues like daily updates of trips, diesel and other expenses, Fuel issuance,
- Making of daily van budget and Tracking of vans
- Debtors follow up.
- Booking in deliveries and Dealing with clients directly and responding to their requirements.
- Ensuring all partners in the supply chain are working effectively and efficiently to ensure smooth operations.
Desired Education Background, Experience, Competencies and Skills
- A relevant University Degree or College Diploma.
- Extensive knowledge of the transportation industry.
- Tact, diplomacy and calmness, especially when dealing with tired drivers and disgruntled customers.
- An analytic mind and good numeracy skills.
- Excellent geographical knowledge.
- Good people management and coordination skills.
- Excellent financial acumen.
- Excellent negotiation and communication skills.
- Good intuition to make crucial judgment calls.
Job Title: Food and Nutrition Customer Service Specialist
- This is an exciting opportunity for an individual looking for a fast paced environment where experience will be drawn upon to effectively assist in resolving customer issues.
- This individual will also be involved in product testing, documentation and hosting occasional
- phone training sessions as needed.
- Provide timely and efficient application and basic technical support to existing customers via phone, web and/or email Keep customer informed of progression with issues and provide follow up
- Continually review, revise and update customer account data for accuracy, including contacts and mailing information
- Provide support and assistance to remote and internal team members
- Address account escalations and deal with unique customer requirements
- Keep accurate documentation of support activities and communications
- The successful candidate must be able to work under pressure in a busy environment and have an aptitude for logical problem solving taking ownership until resolution.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Requires bachelor’s degree in Foods and Nutrition, Dietetics, or a related field OR the equivalent of 1-2 years’ work experience in the above mentioned areas
- Strong PC and system navigation skills, specifically in a
- Windows-based environment
- Previous customer service or support and/or basic technical experience required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and interpersonal skills required
Knowledge and Abilities:
- Basic knowledge of food and/or nutrition-related information is a must
- Able to multi-task in a fast-paced environment/set priorities within time constraints
- Courteous and professional phone manner, demeanor and attitude are essential
- Proven ability to meet deadlines, problem solve and teach others
- Excellent organizational, and customer service skills
- Must be able to work independently as well as coordinate efforts with other team members on universal customer issues.
Job Title: Technical Support Engineer: Medical Equipment
- The role will require you to acquire expert knowledge of a range of medical diagnostic systems in order to provide high level support to hospital staff (clinical, engineering and IT) this will be done both on site and remotely.
- You will also be involved with managing the integration of specialist diagnostic medical equipment onto hospital IT networks and interfacing the medical equipment with hospital patient administration systems.
- The role will involve some travel and is part office and part field based.
- Providing expert technical support to customers (both remotely from our office and on-site)
- Working with hospital engineers and IT personnel on the setup and configuration of new equipment (including network servers and switches)
- Working as part of an Optima team installing equipment at hospital sites.
- Setting up and configuring software for new systems at our offices.
- Developing long term relationships with customers to manage and interpret their requirements
- Keeping up to date with new product and software developments
Application Closing Date
30th November, 2016.
Method of Application
Qualified and interested applicants should send their CV’s/Applications to:[email protected]
Note: Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted