WorleyParsons has had a presence in Africa since the 1970’s when Parsons E&C established their offices in Cairo, Egypt. Since that time the company has continued to spread across the continent and in 2003 a joint venture was established in Lagos, Nigeria to form DeltaAfrik Engineering Ltd
Today, WorleyParsons is currently recruiting for a Front Desk Officer.
The candidate will a first Degree / HND in Art, Humanities or any other relevant discipline.
One year post qualification experience is essential, but not mandatory.
- Answer incoming telephone calls, assist callers, take messages, provide information, make referrals and direct calls to staff members.
- Grant access to building by appropriate implementation of Visitor Policy.
- Check regularly the work of the Security/Receptionists and coordinate or provide assistance if necessary and ensure compliance with access procedure.
- Maintain safe and decent environment while using good judgment in contacting appropriate personnel to ensure neatness as needed.
- Regular update and maintenance of staff information on a phone extension spreadsheet.
- Receives and distributes daily/weekly Newspapers and Magazines and ensures payments for the abovementioned items.
- Prepares weekly attendance lists to ensure efficiency in the log-in and out process
- Coordinates the use of the Conference Rooms and ensures the upkeep of these rooms by reporting repairs and fixture changes
- To do any and all other activities assigned by the Head of Department.
- Working knowledge of Windows XP, Microsoft Word Excel, MS Outlook, Typing skills and general office clerical skills.
- Excellent oral & written communication skills Ensuring courtesy and professionalism in assisting customers and visitors and to ensure the front desk is aware of all information and are able to assist visitors with all areas of primary inquiries.
- Smart and pleasant disposition Good interpersonal skills Creative, enthusiastic, intelligent and hardworking High degree of patience, tolerance, assertiveness and understanding
Click here to apply through Worley Parsons website