Posted on :
21 Dec, 2009
21 Dec, 2009
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates to fill the vacant position of the Director of the Federal University of Technology, Akure’s Computer Resource Centre (CRC).
DIRECTOR: CONTISS 15 (N2, 232, 199.00 – N2, 875, 791.00)
• The candidate is required to play leadership role in developing, providing, integrating, and supporting information technology-based solutions and systems on the campus.
• The Director must be a highly experienced IT professional who has a broad knowledge of multiple software and instructional media technology applications, database systems and sources, and equipment types.
• Additionally, he must be conversant with the use and deployment of E-Learning platforms.
• Candidate must possess a good first degree in Computer Science, Electronic Engineering, Information Technology or any other related field from a reputable University.
• Professional IT certificate(s) will be an advantage.
Responsible to the Vice-Chancellor through the CRC Board for:
• Sourcing and upgrading the hardware and software requirements in line with the latest and best technology in computing.
• Facilitate the procurement and installation of all hardware and software in the centre.
• Provide assistance to Academic, Non-teaching Staff and Students in all IT related activities.
• Possess excellent networking skills and experience for developing strong industries linkages for training, placements and projects.
• Have a minimum of 12 – 15 years cognate working experience in Computer Applications/IT with good understanding of Network /Internet WAN Technology and competence in handling large computer systems in analysis and design.
• ICT is a rapidly developing profession; the candidate should present a detailed vision and mission for the Centre in the 21st century.
Conditions of Service:
• This is similar to those in other similar institutions of higher learning in the country.
Method of Application:
Candidates are required to submit twenty (20) copies of their Curriculum Vitae which should contain among other things:
1. Name in full (Surname first in capital letters)
2. Place and Date of Birth,
4. Permanent Home Address
5. Present Postal Address/GSM Numbers/E-mail Address.
6. Marital Status
7. Number and Ages of Children (if any)
8. Post Applied for
9. Educational Institutions Attended (with dates)
10. Academic and Professional Qualifications (with dates) (Attach three (3) copies each of your credentials)
11. Present Employment, Status and Salary (both in level and amount)
12. Statement of Experience, including full details of former and present post (s)
13. List of publications (if any)
14. Extra-curricular Activities
15. Names and Addresses of Three (3) Referees
In addition to stating the names and addresses of the Referees, candidates should request their nominated Referees to send confidential reports on them under separate cover, direct to:
Federal University of Technology,
Akure, Ondo State
And marked “FOR THE ATTENTION OF THE DIRECTOR OF ESTABLISHMENT AND HUMAN RESOURCE”.
Only applications from candidates shortlisted for interview will be acknowledged.
Closing Date: 26th January, 2010.