Posted on :
21 Jan, 2010
21 Jan, 2010
GE Infrastructure, Water & Process Technologies, a unit of General Electric Company, is an industry leader in solving the world’s most pressing water reuse, industrial, irrigation, municipal, and drinking water needs.
GE Infrastructure is looking to recruit for a Business Development Manager
1. Growing sales of GEW&PT chemicals to oil companies in Nigeria and/or Angola (Shell, Exxon, Total, BP, …)
* Building high level relationships with decision makers
* Providing value propositions that meet the operational goals of current customers and prospect
* Raise the awareness of the chemicals portfolio of GEW&PT for oil fields within Nigeria (customer calls, papers in conferences, customer seminars)
* Identifying prospects and build a pipeline of potential customers
* Establishing monthly budgets & forecast
* To nurture and develop ‘Sales’ related business through the development of Customer/Prospect relationships, following through upon opportunities and for both new and existing opportunities
* Manage, plan and schedule the appropriate resources provided to meet the required objectives of GEW&PT (application engineering, technical support, manufacturing, customer care, commops
* Arranging and attending sales calls to potential Customers.
* Maintain regular scheduled Customer/Prospect meetings to resolve existing and potential contractual issues and to provide the necessary after sales support and advice both to GEW&PT and the Customer.
* To help in the smooth process management of designs from initial contact with the client to full proposal being submitted.
* Preparing proposals and draft contracts to ensure at all times the objectives of the Prospect/Customer are met inline with the objectives and needs of GEW&PT.
* Researching the market to identify new areas of business growth.
* Liaise, support and monitor with the Commercial, Customer Care and Financial departments Customer contracts to ensure Customers pay promptly and any necessary actions are taken, in consultation with senior management, to ensure GEW&PT recovers all and any outstanding debts.
* Cold calling of new Prospects/Customers to constantly ensure that the market is aware of the full range of systems, services and products of GEW&PT to meet their needs.
* Maintain a current database of potential clients.
* Keep the ability to travel widely and at short notice.
* Territory sales strategy development and implementation.
* External market commercial/contractual agreements negotiations.
* Completion of administration duties as required.
* Oversee EH&S compliance and take action as required.
1. B.Sc in Mechanical/Electrical/Chemical Engineering
* More than 5 years of Sales and Technical experience in the area of chemical treatments for oil fields
* Technical expertise and excellent Customer problem solving skills are essential
* Work must be consistently accurate, timely and complete with emphasis on ensuring that GEW&PT maintains technological leadership
* Very good communication skills are required with the ability to express information in a clear and concise manner.
* Adequate preparation for meetings as well as skills in listening and understanding other points of view are needed
* Strong English communication skills. Well organized
* Understand contractual and commercial terms
* Posses good negotiation skills
* PC literate
1. Experience in oil field chemicals in Nigeria and/or Angola
* Passion for Customer satisfaction and strong sales records at GEW&P
* Good communication & negotiation skills
* Result’s oriented, can do attitud
* Ability to frequent traveling to Western Africa