Posted on :
23 Jul, 2009
23 Jul, 2009
GE Oil & Gas is looking to recruit for a HR Manager.
You will be a part of VetcoGray’s HR Team and will work closely with the GE Oil & Gas SubSahara Africa HR Manager to ensure consistent application of HR policies throughout the GE Oil & Gas / VetcoGray functions.
GE Oil & Gas is looking to further drive growth in the Central & South African region.
To support this initiative, we are looking to recruit an experienced HR Manager, to be based in Lagos, Nigeria. The main objective of the role will be to ensure implementation and rollout of GE HR processes and procedures in order to support substantial growth of Oil & Gas in the region.
* Provide HR leadership, coaching and generalist support for GE Oil & Gas, VetcoGray in the Central & South African Region; work closely with functional & business HR community across the other GE Businesses
* Provide leadership for implementation of GE HR initiatives and programs including GE Shares, Service Awards Programs and others; represent the African region for Oil & Gas in related HR forums and local Universities.
* Drive strategic & operational level HR-related planning, Staffing, Session C, Compensation Planning, Leadership Coaching, Employee Development & Performance Management
* Lead and initiate new and innovative global HR practices to create a strong culture of leaders and high performing teams
* Keep HR Instructions and processes up to date relative to policies and local legislation. Provide guidance and leadership to the business regarding interpretation and compliance
* Strong focus on identification, selection, on-boarding and retention of world-class talent
* Implement appropriate communication tools and systems to ensure effective flow of information
* Executive Coaching of functional leaders in the region
* Degree qualified in Business Administration, Human Resources, Industrial Relations or other HR-related disciplines
* Minimum 5-8 years HR Generalist experience in Central & South Africa with ideally 2-5 years of HR leadership in a multinational environment
* Demonstrated success in development & application of up-to-date practice in employee relations, HR policy & formulation, recruitment & staffing and training & development
* Demonstrated success in Union Relations
* Strong written & oral communication skills with the ability to influence all levels of the organization and multicultural/international environments
* Demonstrated leadership and ability to work in a matrix team environment
* Ability to handle multiple priorities and initiate, lead and manage change
* Project management, facilitation and complex problem-solving skills
* High energy level, driven with positive enthusiasm & a pragmatic approach
* Fluency in English (oral and written) will be required for this role
* Minimum 3 years experience in managing teams
Offer has now expired