Globacom Limited is Nigeria’s Second National Operator in GSM, Fixed, Broadband and Gateway with subsidiaries in Republic of Benin and Ghana. The company has deployed state-of-the-art technology that includes 3G services such as High Speed Internet, Video Conference etc. In a bid to expand and maintain this technology, it requires the services of experienced personnel with significant experience in 3G. Globacom Nigeria recruits 3G Access Operations Engineer (Ref: 3GAOE)
This position attracts internationally competitive remuneration packages.
GENERAL QUALIFICATIONS FOR POSITION:
- Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in Electronics or Telecommunications Engineering or related discipline.
- Relevant post graduate degree will be an added advantage.
- Minimum 5 years experience in the Telecom industry with at least 2 years in a 3G Network.
- Good understanding of 3G access network architecture and parameters.
- Good working experience in 3G access network operations down to equipment level.
- Working knowledge and application of relevant IP and 3GPP technical specifications.
- Node B commissioning, upgrade, downgrade and integration.
- Drive testing and drive test analysis.
- Trouble shooting skills.
- Parameter configuration of 3G access network elements.
- Trouble shooting on RNC, Transport, Node B, Radio.
- Performance data collection, analysis and reporting.
- Co-ordination of field service engineers.
- Validation of integration and acceptance test results.
Click here to View Job and apply online