Posted on :
26 May, 2010
Globacom Limited (or GLO) is a Nigerian multinational telecommunications company headquartered in Lagos, Nigeria. GLO is a privately owned telecommunications carrier that started operations on 29 August 2003. It currently operates in 4 countries in West Africa namely Nigeria, Republic of Benin, Ghana and Ivory Coast. Glo Nigeria recruits Chief Technical Officer
THIS POSITION ATTRACTS INTERNATIONALLY COMPETITIVE REMUNERATION PACKAGES.
CHEIEF TECHNICAL OFFICER – GLO 1 – REF. CTOG1
• Minimum of BSC degree in Electrical/Electronic or Telecommunications Engineering or other relevant discipline
• Relevant post-graduate qualification will be an added advantage
• Minimum of 15 years progressine operational and managerial experience with t least 5 years at a Senior managerial level in a Telecommunications, especially Submarine Cable Company
• Experience in the development and operations of fibre-optic cable networks, including submarine
• In-depth knowledge and application of relevant ITU-T technical specifications for SDH and DWDM transmission systems and IP specifications for IP/MPLS
• Solid working experience in backbone transmission network operations high level and down to equipment level, both TDM and IP
• Leading a team of Glo 1 transmission engineers
• Coordination with technical units responsible for territorial backbone and last mile connectivity locally and abroad
• Ensuring SLA compliance
• Design of client end-to-end TDM and IP connectivity
• Definition of installation, integration and acceptance testing requirements for equipment as well as end-to-end circuits
• Definition of preventive and corrective maintenance reports.
METHOD OF APPLICATION
Qualified candidates should e-mail their resume with a passport photograph if possible (quoting the relevant references for the vacancy) within 14 days of this publication to: [email protected]
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.