RusselSmith Group is a company created to to service the needs of the global Oil and Gas exploration and production industry utilizing Rope Access Technology as primary means of access.
RusselSmith Group is recruiting to fill the below position of:
Position: Accounts Officer
Job Reference Code: RS-FD-01
Summary of Functions
Responsible for receiving and matching invoices, account coding, preparation of disbursements and accounts payable related record keeping.
A university degree in accounting preferred, 1-2 years of related accounting experience.
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work well with people is essential.
- Strong quantitative skills such as statistics and data analysis skills
- Good reasoning skills; communication skills; multi-tasking skills and organizational skills
- Strong analytical and data analysis skills
- Exhibits initiative, responsibility and flexibility.
- Ability to maintain flexible attitude and approach towards assignments and successfully operate under guidelines.
- Must possess working knowledge of regulatory bodies relating to payroll, taxes and general business financial conditions.
- Must be proficient in MS Office software – Word, Excel.
- Must possess intermediate knowledge of financial systems and familiarity with accounting and spreadsheet applications is required.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Receives and processes vendor invoices and internal check requests; maintains open files for purchase orders, packing/receiving slips and matches to invoices. Verifies invoices for quantity, unit pricing, extensions and applicable discounts. Obtains approval from appropriate personnel for payment for miscellaneous invoices.
- Codes invoices with accounting account numbers according to distribution in the general ledger; determines dates for invoices to be paid; keys invoices into computerized accounts payable system. Maintains alphabetical open invoice file for unpaid invoices.
- On a weekly basis, reviews invoices scheduled for payment and a special check request with Chief Accountant, prints approved checks, prepares and routes for signature according to check signing authority.
- Attaches duplicate copy of checks to original invoices, stamps invoices “Paid” and files in permanent records.
- Prints, verifies and maintains accounts payable voucher reports, open/aging reports, disbursement reports, and journals.
- Receives and answers phone calls from vendors or other departments in regard to payment status of invoices.
Application Closing Date
26th Novemver, 2013
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online