The British High Commission is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to deliver highest possible standards of service by selecting experienced and professional staff to fill the position below:
Job Title: Project Support Assistant – NCA / CSSF Joint Border Task Force
Vacancy Notice No.: 02/16 LOS
Position type: 6 Months Fixed Term Contract
- Due to the nature of the role it is necessary that any applicant be security cleared to confidential status, or demonstrate that they can easily obtain such clearance.
- Clearance is most easily obtained by UK nationals with at least 3 years residence in the past 10 years in the UK, USA, Australia, Canada or New Zealand.
- Nationals of the latter four countries may also be able to get clearance. Candidates must have a traceable history over the last 5 years.
Main Purpose of Job
- The main function of this post is to provide administrative and intelligence support to the National Crime Agency-led CSSF Joint Border Task Force (JBTF) project team, based in the British High Commission in Lagos. This is a multi-agency team consisting of officers from the NCA, UK Border Force, RALON and local engaged staff.
- The role will be specifically to maintain and update the JBTF intelligence database, administrative records and other ancillary duties in support of the JBTF project team.
- The successful candidate will demonstrate the ability to work effectively within a team.
- Maintain and update the JBTF intelligence database;
- Provide administrative support to the JBTF team, as directed by the JBTF Office Manager
Roles and responsibilities
- Effectively manage data and intelligence relating to JBTF core business areas (drug trafficking and human trafficking);
- Produce accurate reports on data and intelligence as required by the JBTF team;
- Provide administrative support to the JBTF Office Manager as required. This may include booking flights and accommodation, providing to logistical support to training events, maintaining administrative records in support of project budget management and the management of assets.
- Other ad hoc duties as directed by JBTF staff and/or the JBTF Office Manager.
Other Skills / Experience / Qualifications
Essential on Arrival:
- Desirable: Familiar with Firecrest, Echo, FCO and NCA systems.
- Essential on arrival: Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Good working knowledge of MS Outlook, Word and Excel.
- Ability to quickly and accurately input data to a bespoke database.
- Good attention to detail.
- Understanding of FCO procurement and financial processes.
Key Competences required:
- Competence 1: Leading and Communicating
- Competence 2: Delivering a Quality Service
- Competence 3: Delivering at Pace
- Competence 4: Collaborating and Partnering
- Language: English
- Level of language required: Fluent written and spoken
N 335,411 per Month
Application Closing Date
1st February, 2016.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should submit covering letter (2 pages maximum) stating why they are a suitable candidate for the position, giving brief examples of how they have applied the above competencies in a previous role, along with a copy of their CV, Via email to: [email protected]
Internal applicants should also submit the above, with a copy of their last appraisal to the same email address.
All candidates: Please quote in the subject line, of your email, the Vacancy Notice No: 02/16 LOS and position you are applying for.
Internal candidates, and spouses of diplomatic officers: Please quote in the subject line, of your email, the Vacancy Notice No: 02/16 LOS and position you are applying for, and also indicate that you are an internal candidate, or spouse of a diplomatic officer.
- All applicants must be legally able to work in Nigeria with the correct visa/status or work permit.
- The British High Commission in Abuja is an equal opportunities employer, dedicated to inclusivity, a diverse workforce and valuing difference.
- Staff members recruited locally by the British High Commission in Abuja are subject to Terms and Conditions of Service according to local Nigerian employment law.
- Spouses/registered partners of UK Based Staff, are able to work within the BHC/BCG but their salary will be abated at the appropriate tax rates.
- Reference checking and security clearances will be conducted.
- If you have not heard from us 3 weeks after the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful. Note: Any questions you may have about this position will only be answered during interview, should you be invited.
- Only electronic applications sent via email will be accepted.