Buoyed by a mission to redefine customer experience and be the provider of choice wherever energy is consumed,Ikeja Electricity Distribution Plc (IE), Nigeria’s largest power distribution network, came into existence on November 1st, 2013 following the handover of the defunct Power Holding Company Of Nigeria (PHCN) to NEDC/ KEPCO Consortium under the privatisation scheme of the Federal Government.
The consortium has the Korean Electric Power Corporation (KEPCO) which generates about 84,000MW in capacity and has a global efficiency record of a maximum down time period of slightly above three minutes annually as technical partners.
This partnership has positioned IE to effectively drive its commitment to deliver efficient and sustainable power supply through investments in new technology, infrastructure upgrade and human capital development.
Ikeja Electric has a customer Population of 657,444 spread across the 11 Business units including Abule-Egba, Akowonjo, Ikeja, Ikorodu, Ikotun, Ipaja, Odogunyan, Ogba, Ojodu, Oshodi and Somolu.
We are recruiting to fill the below position:
Job Title: Graduate Technicians Programme
Level: Junior Officer
- The Ikeja Electricity Distribution Company is one of the Largest Distribution companies in Nigeria. In view of what we do, we want to engage the services and expertise of Young Trainee Technicians. We have openings for energetic, enthusiastic, talented and distinct individual to join our team across a range of technical ability, which include:
- DSO’S (Distribution Substation Operators)
- Electrical Fitters (Electrical Maintenance & Fitters)
- Cable Jointers
- The breadth of our opportunities means that we are looking for OND/equivalent holders in Electrical/related courses. We expect that you will have the highest level of integrity, as well as being ambitious and highly creative.
- Successful candidates depending on their choice of application will be trained in line with what they applied for and will be part of the team to turn around the Power Sector in Nigeria.
- Technical Crew
- Human Resources
- All staff – Ikeja Electricity Distribution Company
Minimum Qualification / Experience:
- OND (Electrical) or its equivalent
- 0 – 2 Years of Experience
- Maximum age is 27
- Basic Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suites
- Report writing.
- Basic Knowledge of Occupational Health, Safety and Environment Management at the work place
- Basic Knowledge of Electrical Control Panels
- Ability to read and understand Electrical drawings and designs
- Basic Technical Knowledge of Equipment Operation, Control & Maintenance
- Must be hardworking
- Must be safety conscious
- Must be a team player
- Must be reliable, organized and detail-oriented
- Must be ambitious with a ‘can-do’ attitude
- Ability to work with little or no supervision
- Result Oriented
- Ability to respond to emergencies
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online