Our client is a Bank that holds an enviable legacy among the biggest banks in Nigeria with footprints across West Africa and Europe. It has recently been repositioned, rebranded and is expanding its operations. The bank is now seeking for individuals, who are interested and driven enough to take up the exciting challenge of writing a new history for the financial industry in Nigeria, to fill the following vacancy that exist in the Bank in the South East, South South and Lagos regions.
Job Title: Cash/ Cheque Teller
Level: Executive Trainee/Assistant Banking Officer
Location: Delta Zone
- Responsible for cash/ cheque transactions in compliance with bank procedures.
- Cash cheques and pay out money after verifying that signatures are correct, that written and numerical amounts agree, and that accounts have sufficient funds.
- Receive cheques and cash for deposit, verify amounts, and check accuracy of deposit slips.
- Enter customers’ transactions into computers to record transactions and issue computer-generated receipts.
- Balance currency, coin, and cheques in cash drawers at ends of shifts, and calculate daily transactions using computers, calculators, or adding machines.
- Examine cheques for endorsements and to verify other information such as dates, bank names, identification of the persons receiving payments and the legality of the documents.
- Count currency, coins, and cheques received, by hand or using currency-counting machine, to prepare them for deposit or shipment to branch banks or the Federal Reserve Bank.
- Minimum of First degree in any discipline. Additional qualification will be an added advantage.
- Ideal candidate for each role must possess strong business acumen and must be result oriented.
- Very strong desire to make significant impact.
Application Closing Date
29th October, 2013.
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: When the page opens, scroll to the bottom of the page and select Cash/ Cheque Teller from the Position drop-down menu and Click the Apply Now button.