With a history and culture of science and innovation, we’re the world’s largest oilfield services company. Our people invent, design, engineer, and apply technologies that help customers find and produce oil and gas more efficiently and safely-often in remote and challenging locations.
As the demand for energy increases so does our need for hardworking, fresh talent to meet the engineering and technical challenges of today’s upstream oil and gas business. We have countless career opportunities that will let you prove your abilities from your first day of work. And we’ll give you the training and support you need to succeed throughout your career.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Position: Field Engineer Trainee
Location: Any City, NG
- The Field Engineer Trainee assists and supports other Engineers and Specialists at the wellsite. Training is hands-on with focus on the oilfield business in general, tools and services specific to the assigned business line, and the Schlumberger culture.
- Successful Field Engineer Trainees are rapid learners, use logic to solve problems, and are personally committed to continuous improvement.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties
- Develop competency to perform operations and operate equipment as assigned, and be accountable for jobs at end of training period.
- Learn basic rig components and different roles of service companies.
- Provide pre- and postjob support to engineers and specialists at the wellsite and in the base location, including risk analysis.
- Assist with rig-up and rig-down of tools and equipment at the wellsite.
- Contribute to preparation of wellsite reports.
- Participate in postjob debriefings.
- B.Sc in Engineering or related science.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Fluency in written and spoken English.
Application Closing Date
8th May, 2014.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online