Guiness Nigeria Plc – We are Guinness Nigeria, member of Diageo Plc the world’s leading premium drinks business with an unrivalled collection of beverage alcohol & non-alcohol brands across the Spirits, Wine & Beer categories.
Diageo is the world’s leading premium drinks business with an outstanding collection of beverage alcohol brands across spirits, beer and wine.We are continuously interested in talented individuals who want to progress their careers and make a difference to our business.
Job Title: Treasury Operations Manager
Reports To: Treasurer
The Treasury Operations Manager will provide expertise support in the management of treasury operations to ensure proper utilisation of the Company’s liquid resources, maximise returns and eliminate exposure to financial loss. He / she will be responsible for proper cash management and keeping proper treasury ledgers. The incumbent must be abreast of financial activities within the environment and its impact on Guinness Nigeria as well as closely monitoring and maintaining our banking relationships.
Purpose of Role
The Treasury Operations Manager is required to play a significant role in the sub regional market to ensure that the functional/ business agendas are closely aligned in terms of cash flow planning and initiatives. The Treasury Operations Manager is also required to support in the implementation of Controls Assurance and Risk Management (CARM) controls on Order to Cash and Treasury activities.
- Execute day-to-day cash management and ensure they are done in line with Company objectives
- Harmonisation of the treasury operations with other units within the Finance function for end-to-end overview of cash performance
- First level direct interface with financial institutions for relationship management
- Management of bank facilities to ensure adequate funding of working capital requirement
- Negotiating loans and overdraft terms with Relationship Banks
- Invest surplus cash in stable banks, maximise returns and minimize credit / default risks
- Balance sheet and cash flow management
- Infuencing decisions on Company finances e.g. funding of Company’s operation etc
- Management of credit facilities to customers to support volume agenda
- Management of export process and receipt of export expansion grants from the export council
- Ensuring monthly provision for accruals on medium term loan interest, export grants e.t.c.
- Manage the prompt payment of Royalties, Technical Service Fee (TSF) and dividends and the associated Withholding Tax
- Ensure that all Foreign Exchange transactions comply with regulatory requirements
- Ensure that authority schedules are adhered to for all treasury transactions
- Periodic report on controllable cash flow and Business Performance Cash Report
- Graduate caliber with a minimum of 5 years relevant post qualification experience
- Professional membership of a recognized professional Accounting body
- Ability to take commercial insights and translate into the Organisation & People Agenda
- Proven ability to facilitate, persuade, influence and build credibility with all levels and all functions
- Analytical, interpretative and decision-making skills
- Excellent coaching and relationship building skills
- Proven Integrity
- Sound IT knowledge in the use of outlook (Excel, word and power point).
- Working knowledge in accounting package-SAP (All modules) including vision
- Excellent communication skill
Barriers to Success in Role
- Inability to lead the relationship with preferred banks for the benefit of Guinness Nigeria Plc.
- Lack of Management support for initiatives/ recommendations
- Lack of clear understanding of government regulations and requirements on treasury operations in a multinational organization like Guinness Nigeria Plc.
Application Closing Date
31 October, 2012
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here and apply online