Diageo operates in over 40 markets across Africa through various business models including publicly quoted companies, joint ventures & licensed brewing entities.
We produce & distribute premium drinks from right across the Diageo portfolio such as Guinness, Johnnie Walker and Smirnoff. We are also home to growing local brands which include our Malt beverages such as Malta Guinness & Alvaro and exciting new innovations like as Foundry cider
Job Title: Brand Manager –Smirnoff
Function: Marketing / Innovation
Type of Job: Full Time
Level: L5 (M1)
Reports To: Marketing Manager, Spirits/RTD Diageo Brands Nigeria
- To represent the Smirnoff Trademark, Smirnoff Vodka and Smirnoff Ice, and white spirits for Diageo Brands Nigeria.
- Work closely with the General Manager DBN and Marketing Manager, Spirits & RTD to grow the portfolio opportunities for DBN.
- To make Diageo Brands Nigeria the leading Premium Spirits Company in Nigeria in F12 and beyond.
The Diageo Africa vision is to be the most celebrated business in every market it operates. This role is focused on Diageo Africa’s ambitions to step-change its growth and investment on Spirits in Nigeria.
- Accountability for annual Volume, NSV and TP Targets (AOP) and achievement of Stand Performance.
- Management and Accountability for implementation of A&P spend, Efficiencies and Evaluation across all Brand activities.
- Maintains business critical controls & compliance documentation.
b) Leadership and Functional Responsibilities
- Work with the DBN General Manager & Marketing Director, Nigeria to set the Nigeria F15 strategy on white spirits brands.
- Manage the delivery of the AOP for Smirnoff (incl RTD) through excellent execution of GAME Plans & Activities.
- Ensure close up front analysis with other African team members & WASp team on Release Segment insights & how to approach winning Segment leadership for DBN brands.
- Should demonstrate the Diageo Leadership capabilities
- Should have a proven record of Consumer Insights, Commerciality and Excellence in Execution
Top 3-5 Accountabilities
- Assist and support the General Manager DBN and Marketing Manager Spirits to deliver the AOP (& overlay) growth aspirations in F12 & beyond.
- Support Spirits Brand growth with Marketing Manager by implementing the code for growth for our Spirits Release brands – Smirnoff Trademark (incl. RTD) and J&B.
- Develop & lead implementation of Smirnoff Ice & Vodka Game Plans in partnership with GNplc Customer Marketing team.
- Develop the local Game Plan and lead the category in the JUBP process.
- University degree in marketing / business or other related discipline preferred though not essential. Postgraduate Qualifications an advantage
- Proven and strong Brand and Trade marketing experience (5 years) of which there ideally should be min 1-2 years experience or working closely with key players in the Nightlife scene in Nigeria.
- Experienced level on all Marketing Functional capabilities
- Must have a thorough understanding of the Release segment and a thorough understanding of Nightlife and club culture in Nigeria.
- An understanding of Luxury & Lifestyle brand marketing a distinct benefit
- Prior experience of Digital Marketing (incl Social Media etc) an advantage
Barriers to Success in Role
- Inability to work in and influence across functional team
- Lack of understanding & interest in the Release scene & Club Culture.
- Inability to engage & work collaboratively with West Africa Spirits Team & Agency Partners.
- Flexible Working options
Lagos based with some travels within/ outside Nigeria